8.0.6.0 will not open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.6.0 will not open.

I downloaded the new version 8.0.6.0 today and now I can't even open DVDFab. I removed it all together and re-downloaded it several times and it still won't work. Anyone else having problems, or know of a fix?

yes i have been having this exact same problem with every update after 8.0.5.6. you are not the only one i can assure you. i dont see how this fengtao character hasnt figured this out on his own and already had it fixed by now yet, but i think i myself have noticed what the issue is since it first quit working starting with the beta update 8.0.5.8. i have been using dvdfab for over a few years now and one thing i have always noticed is when you download the newest update it always asks you three questions on one of the screens:

1. create a desktop icon
    2. create a quick launch icon
    3. (something along the lines of update the patin couffin burning engine)

and for some reason that third option about the patin couffin burning engine was not listed as an option when downloading the following updates:

and coincidently, all three of these new updates (once downloaded on my computer) will not open at all. after i downloaded 8.0.5.8 and realized it wouldnt open, i was able to go back and redownload the version i was using before 8.0.5.6 and it was working fine again. but now that i have foolishly downloaded the "newest" update 8.0.6.0 i am not able to go back and find version 8.0.5.6, and now it wont open at all and im stuck with a program i have already paid for that doesnt work...and i am not happy about that at all...

i can only hope that this post is read in a very timely manner, and my advice considered by those who make these updates...fengtao... we are all waiting on you to fix this big boo-boo. thanks buddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cgcarter72@hotmail.com View Post
      I downloaded the new version 8.0.6.0 today and now I can't even open DVDFab. I removed it all together and re-downloaded it several times and it still won't work. Anyone else having problems, or know of a fix?

You haven't provided enough info to make any kind of a determination as to what the problem might be...

- what O/S is this being loaded on?

- what anti-virus program are you running?

- do you have any other audio/video programs on your system, and if so, which ones?

DC

P.S. And the same questions for StephenAPSU, too...
      Last edited by DarthCopier; 12-18-2010, 01:18 AM. Reason: adding to response for add. post

Comment

Yeah I tried finding the previous version also and it's nowhere to be found. Hope they find a fix soon. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcarter72@hotmail.com View Post
          Yeah I tried finding the previous version also and it's nowhere to be found. Hope they find a fix soon. Thanks for your input.
          Look here...

Comment

Cool, Thanks for the old apps!!! Still hope they fix the new version soon though.

Comment

StephenAPSU: I believe you are correct about the (something along the lines of update the patin couffin burning engine) being part of the problem. I was able to download 8.0.5.6 again and it had the burning engine. Hope tomorrow brings a fix for the update. Thanks!!!

Comment

Just downloaded 8.0.6.1 and still won't open. I had been able to get 8.0.5.8 but it would not accept my registration key. This sucks

Comment

Hi, cgcarter72

1. DVDFab cancel the install option like you said something along the lines of update the patin couffin burning engine.
                  2. Please try to stop anti virus software then open DVDFab.

Try again.
                  Thanks.

Comment

hello guys,
                    look, my aim is not to insult anybody's intelligence here, but it is so obvious that it doesn't take a rocket scientist or genius here to realize that there is a very obvious common denominator to our issues here. when going through the setup of all the recent updates of dvdfab starting with 8.0.5.8 and going all the way to the newest update today 8.0.6.1, they are all four missing the option to check the box for the "Install VSO pattin coffin driver". just like i did the other day, and like cgcarter72 just tried, i reinstalled version 8.0.5.6 using the link that Grunon generously posted per our request...THANK YOU GRUNON!!!...(which does have the option to check the box for "Install VSO pattin coffin driver".) and voila we are back in business again and dvdfab is actually opening again when i double click its shortcut icon on my desktop. for versions 8.0.5.8-8.0.6.1, upon successful installation of each of these versions, when i double click the shortcut icon on my desktop it does nothing at all no matter how many times i try it. i even tried restarting my computer. still nothing.

please take a look at the two attachments i have provided you. they are both word documents that i copied and pasted a print screen of what the setup screen looks like for version 8.0.5.6 and all the versions of the past, and then another print screen of what the setup screen looks like for the newer versions 8.0.5.8-8.0.6.1 (notice the option to check the box for "Install VSO pattin coffin driver" is mysteriously missing???) i am so positive that that is the key to figuring out the resolution to this major issue. please somebody at least try to look into that possibility. thank you so much.

@ DarthCopier: even though i am 99.9% sure as to what the real problem is here, to answer your questions anyways:
                    -i am using windows 7 home premium
                    -i am using bitdefender antivirus pro 2011
                    -i have itunes, napster, windows media player, nero startsmart essentials, freedvd, and dvdshrink just to name the major ones i use frequently

@ katiekim: i am sorry...but we should not have to "stop" our antivirus software for any reason whatsoever. if we have to disable our antivirus protection in order to get the dvdfab program to work successfully...then we all have a major problem on our hands that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Comment

well apparently a plain and simple print screen on a microsoft word document pushes the amout of kilobytes past the meager allowable limit of only 19.5 KB per word document. who knew??? i would assume that that would be a main reason to attach a word document on most occassions is to show a print screen of the issue at hand to get a better first hand grasp of what is going on on that individual person's computer. but what do i know... lol. c'mon dvdfab programmers, please try a little harder to make things people friendly. how can we explain our problems better if we can't even attach a print screen of them without going over the very low limit of 19.5 KB per attached document?

well until that problem is fixed, or until i am told of another way i can attach my print screen documents, i can only hope that my detailed description of the issue will be good enough for now. hey at least cgcarter72 knows what's up and is feelin' me on this one, right? we are not completely crazy lol...

Comment

Save your print screen as a JPG and then it won't have all the Microsoft overhead crap bloating the size.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by StephenAPSU View Post
                          @ katiekim: i am sorry...but we should not have to "stop" our antivirus software for any reason whatsoever. if we have to disable our antivirus protection in order to get the dvdfab program to work successfully...then we all have a major problem on our hands that needs to be addressed ASAP.
                          Although it may not be the problem antivirus programs do cause problems and is very common, check to see if it's reporting Fab as a threat and if so report it to your A/V software so they can correct it. Bitdefender has been reported here before that it's had false positives.

As KatieKim mentioned in post #9 Fab no longer installs the Patin Coffin driver because VSO no longer needs it, no need to post a screen shot of the installer because it's the same for everyone with the newer versions but if you want to do as GregiBoy said but hold the ALT key and then tap the print screen key, open microsoft paint and click paste. Then save as a png or jpg then just attach it to a post using the 'Go Advanced' tab. Look for the ! at the top of the message box.

Comment

8.0.6.0 will not open - May be an hint for the work around

Hi, I've got same problem for long time.

Today, I noticed some sort of work around. When I login to my PC as usual user or as admin, I can't start the DVDFab. What I ever do, install or delete so many times, click and nothing happens.

But today, I used "MS Remote Desktop Connection" from my Mac OSX then all of the versions including 8.0.6.0 worked fine. No error, everythings worked fine.

One only error I got was from "MSI Afterburner" that says there's no graphic card that it can recognize. Off course, it's remote so it doesn't use graphic card and it's driver.

That means, if PC uses "real" graphic driver (w/CUDA) of PC itself, DVDFab fails. But remote emulation graphic driver (w/o CUDA) will not fail DVDFab.

Those anybody have chance to try my theory, this phenomenon?

I'm using XP-SP3, MSI based AMD cpu board, MSI N450GT (CUDA) graphic card.

I'll upload screenshot of remote desktop. Sorry it is in Japanese.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Alfa_Lufa; 12-18-2010, 03:44 PM. Reason: Attaching JPEG

Comment

See this thread: link
                              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X