Help, can't burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, can't burn

I have tried all day to burn Shrek Forever After. I did successfully burn "Grownups" earlier today with no problem. I am completely stumped on this one. Attached is burn log. Thank you in advance for any and all help.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by semolady View Post
    I have tried all day to burn Shrek Forever After. I did successfully burn "Grownups" earlier today with no problem. I am completely stumped on this one. Attached is burn log. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Based on the burn log you submitted (thank you for giving us an actual burn log), it would appear that another piece of software on your system has commandeered your burning drive, and is not releasing it to Fab so you can burn your video.

2 ways to handle this...

1.) Manually go through all the software one title at a time, and see if you can find the offender that way.

2,) Download Imgburn (a freebie on the web), install it, then run it. When it's running, you'll see a tab called 'Tools'. Click on that, and look down the list offered for 'Filter Driver Load Order', click on it, then either copy and paste that info, or get a screen dump, and include it with your next post to us.

DC

Comment

Imgburn Filter List

Attached is imgburn filter list
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi semolady
        Also please make sure that you have auto play turned off for all programs after a disc is inserted in your drive.

One more thing you really should update your operating system from SP2 to SP3 from Microsoft
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Still Can not burn "Shrek Forever After"

Well, I went through my software and checked for any using dvd drive and removed some software. Unchecked for dvd drive to start when disc inserted. Nothing has worked so far.
          Am updating Windows XP to SP3 now, perhaps it will help.

Comment

Well, I went through my software and checked for any using dvd drive and removed some software. Unchecked for dvd drive to start when disc inserted. Nothing has worked so far.
            Am updating Windows XP to SP3 now, perhaps it will help.

Whenever you remove software from your system (I'm assuming you're using Windows 'Add/Remove Software' option in the Control Panel), be sure to:

1.) Run a utility like CCleaner to clean up your registry

2.) Reboot your system to clean up any TSRs or .exes running in the background left by the recently removed program, then try again.

How did you kill the Auto-run option for DVDs or CDs?

What program are you using as your Anti-Virus?

DC

Comment

Halleluiah! Got it to work finally!

Thank you all for the help. I turned off the autoplay using Tweak UI. Closed all programs running in background that could interfer with burning. After hours and hours of frustration finally got it to work and Shrek is finally burned.

Comment

Glad it is working
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you all for the help. I turned off the autoplay using Tweak UI. Closed all programs running in background that could interfer with burning. After hours and hours of frustration finally got it to work and Shrek is finally burned.

Great!! Glad to hear you got it working.

Only one piece of software is the culprit (of all the ones you played with)... if you can isolate it, it'll be useful to us to know which piece of sw it was.

Happy Burning!

DC

Comment

Working...
                  X