Missing Movie Chapeters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Movie Chapeters

When using the latest version of DVD to DVD and burning to an ISO file in DVD9 Main Movie, I find that many movies are missing the first chapter. I have a list of them that I have discovered.

Twilight New Moon
    Salt
    Twilight Eclipse

There are a few more but I beleive that the problem is the same. Any help will be greately appriciated.

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

VSO LOG
      2010-12-22 15:33:19 Info Writable disc Hard Disc inserted. Ready to write
      2010-12-22 15:33:18 Info WRITE SUCCESS: Disc written
      2010-12-22 15:30:04 Info Scanned files #9, folder #2 - total size 4611295232 b. (4.29 Gb.)
      2010-12-22 15:30:04 Info Inserted media type : Hard Disc
      2010-12-22 15:30:03 Info Write started
      2010-12-22 15:30:03 Info New ISO path selected : F:\SALT.iso
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info Current Drive selected : 0:0:0 - HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GSA-T21N A102 [E] (Ide)
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info System default language : English (United States)
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info User default language : English (United States)
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info DLL Version : 4.0.13.476
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info DLL : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\vso_hwe.dll
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info Version : 8, 0, 5, 6
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
      2010-12-18 14:10:02 Info OS : Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)

INTERNAL LOG

5810m 45.52s: detected dvd
      5810m 45.69s: drive E
      5810m 45.69s: dvd type 1
      5810m 45.69s: volume label SALT
      5810m 47.92s: got copyright 1 fe
      5810m 52.17s: got udf/iso
      5810m 57.00s: got discinfo
      5810m 57.04s: pathplayer enabled
      5811m 24.93s: got dvdinfo

Comment

Over time I have experienced this exact issue with several movies. I generally only do the Main Movie copy as I like to eliminate the previews etc. I have found that in some cases if I do a full disk copy to the hard drive then from there copy the main movie with a second pass it will often provides me with a complete main movie as desired. But not in all cases so a solution would be awesome.

Comment

Is this something that you guys are working on fixing? Have you been able to identify the actual problem that causes this?

Comment

@ghostRIP

You are using the VSO burn engine that comes bundled with DVDFab. If I was you I would install ImgBurn and configure it to work with DVDFab. The VSO burn engine is troublesome when it comes to iso creation and ImgBurn is created more for iso creation.

Here is info to set DVDFab and ImgBurn to work together. Text below from post#2 of this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=12

There is an easy way to set DVDFab and ImgBurn for your needs.
            Very easy takes less than 2 minutes.
            Once setup you will not have to click any additional buttons when using ImgBurn with DVDFab to burn single layer DVD5 media.

Download and install imgburn.
            imgburn, imgburner, img burn, img burner, imageburn, imageburner, image burn, image burner, image write, image writer, iso burner, iso writer, cd burner, dvd burner, bin, cue, gcm, gi, img, iso, lst, nrg, mds, pdi, burn, burner, write, writer, image, drive, cuesheet, lightning uk, dvd decrypter, backup, cd, cdr, cdrw, dvd, dvdr, dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd-r dl, dvd+r, dvd+rw, dvd+r dl, dvdram, hd dvd-r, hd dvd-rw, hd dvd-ram, bd-r, bd-re, dual layer, double layer, bluray, blu ray, blu-ray, hddvd, hd dvd, hd-dvd, burn audio, write audio, burn bin, write bin, burn cue, write cue, burn dvd, write dvd, burn iso, write iso, burn img, write img, write image, burn video_ts, write video_ts, burn bdmv, write bdmv, burn dvd video, write dvd video, burn bluray, write bluray, burn blu-ray, write blu-ray, layerbreak, layer break, VIDEO_TS, bup ifo vob

Set DVDFab to use ImgBurn burn engine and recommended speed

1. Click Common Settings in the upper right corner
            2. Click the Write Tab under DVD / Blu-ray
            3. Select ImgBurn Burn Engine
            4. Select Recommended Write Speed [only for use with ImgBurn Auto Write Speed]
            5. Select OK and restart DVDFab to apply the changed settings
            Setting Up ImgBurn
            Hello and welcome to another of my legendary guides *cough* In this one I'll be explaining how to use the new 'Automatic Write Speed' feature found in versions 2.2.0.0 onwards. For those of you that don't know, the 'Automatic Write Speed' feature basically lets you configure a set of predefined w...

1. Insert your blank dvd media
            2. Click Write Mode from the EZ-Mode Picker
            3. Select AWS as your Write Speed
            4. Click Change Automatic Write Speed
            5. Select the desired Write Speed
            6. Click Add
            7. Set the AWS for each brand/mid of blank media you will use. You may also select different write speeds for multiple burning drives.
            8. Click OK
            Then just copy and burn as usual.
            DVDFab will automatically open ImgBurn and automatically Close when the burn is finished.

Note: When burning a Dual Layer DVD, ImgBurn will present you with a Create Layer Break window. Select the best layer break according to the colored stars. You can even preview the layer break to ensure the transition will not interfere with your movie.

Comment

Working...
            X