FRENEMIES.....Last minute "102 error"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRENEMIES.....Last minute "102 error"

Copied two videos before it, no probs. Tried 4 times with same error on "Frenemies"....102 error. switched DVD burners, same deal. (I got four DVD burners, HP ext. USB, Sony DRU ???, Asus SATA and LG Sata. Cleaned the DVD with microfiber, same deal. Put 'Preview' on, and saw the last minute of movie 'frozen' and "jerky". So, don't know what the deal is, but maybe it's just the DVD (scratched?) or copy protection?? Not really an expert there. I'm watching the DVD now to see if it "glitches" during the last minute.

Don't want to really post logs.....had a prob. last time (too big!). Kind of lazy, LOL. So, thought I'd just pass it along just in case somebody else has the same probs. on this one.....

Well, if you want help in solving your issue, you need to post your logs. You can edit the logfiles with notepad and just paste in the most recent logs. The logs will have the date and time on them. This sounds like it's probably a bad disc.
    SPECS
    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
      This sounds like it's probably a bad disc.
      That what it seems to me as well as the 102 error is a read error but the logs will tell more

Comment

Hi TomSawyer999

Have you tried to disable path player to see if you get the same error??? To do this Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Problem on FRENEMIES 102 error solved

Whaddya know.....It was a scratch (or more like a "gouge") at the BEGINNING of the DVD. hmmm.....after some research I discovered that the DVD is read from the hole (spindle?) to the edge. Just the opposite way of what I thought. Yep, big ole' gouge well, about a 1/4" or less) that was not allowing data to be read.......win some lose some. Thanks all.

p.s. Hey, what the heck is that path player anyway? Just trying to learn one thing at a time here.

Thankx much everybody. And a Happy Holiday season.....to all.

Comment

Pathplayer..............

Comment

Working...
            X