Cannot create ISO File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot create ISO File

I tried copying my disc today. I had similar problems in the past, and found that if I tried ver 7.0, it would work. Today, neither. I than ran the disc through DVDShrink, and it created the file, no problems. I was trying to make an ISO file. The disc was new, without any apparent marks or scratches on it.

Here's the logs:

Process Log:

09:30:06: Analyzing of DVD started
    09:30:10: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
    09:30:10: Copy process started
    09:44:40: Task_1 failed! Error=102()
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Internal Log:

DVDFab 8.0.6.1 (2010/12/26 09:29:15)

0m 05.64s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 12.51s: detected dvd
    0m 12.57s: drive J
    0m 12.57s: dvd type 1
    0m 12.57s: volume label ***********
    0m 12.76s: detected dvd
    0m 12.81s: drive J
    0m 12.82s: dvd type 1
    0m 12.82s: volume label ***********
    0m 29.17s: got copyright 1 fe
    0m 29.56s: got udf/iso
    0m 30.46s: got discinfo
    0m 30.46s: pathplayer enabled
    0m 34.15s: got dvdinfo

DVDFab 7.0.9.3 (2010/12/26 09:45:23)

0m 05.31s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 0 bluray2bluray 0 bd2mobile 0 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
    0m 41.34s: detected dvd
    0m 41.39s: drive J
    0m 41.39s: dvd type 1
    0m 41.39s: volume label ***********
    0m 49.23s: got copyright 1 fe
    0m 49.65s: got udf/iso
    0m 50.46s: got discinfo
    0m 50.48s: pathplayer enabled
    0m 52.17s: got dvdinfo

Any thoughts on why this failed in both DVDFab versions?

Thanks.

Originally posted by JohninLA View Post
    I tried copying my disc today. I had similar problems in the past, and found that if I tried ver 7.0, it would work. Today, neither. I than ran the disc through DVDShrink, and it created the file, no problems. I was trying to make an ISO file. The disc was new, without any apparent marks or scratches on it.
    0m 12.57s: volume label ***********
    0m 41.39s: volume label ***********
    Any thoughts on why this failed in both DVDFab versions?
    Thanks.
    May I ask what was the name of the movie??? If it was an older movie maybe you would of had to disable Pathplayer, but without knowing particulars it's hard to tell.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      May I ask what was the name of the movie??? If it was an older movie maybe you would of had to disable Pathplayer, but without knowing particulars it's hard to tell.
      CBR929
      My thoughts exactly.
      The error indicates a failure to read.
      This should have nothing to do with the fact your output is to .ISO.

Altering your PathPlayer settings and cleaning the disc (despite its appearance) are just about always the first things to try.

If still no dice, please see the thread:

Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
      (link in my sig below)
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The name of the film was Brotherhood, released this year. I just received it and it was brand new when I opened it. I tried wiping it with a cloth and no go. I did try in two dvd drives on my pc, and DVDFab, both ver 7 and 8 reported the read error. Then I put it in DVDShrink, and no problem, it read it, and created the iso with no problems at all. I will try disabling the PathPlayer and see if it help. Thanks.

addendum: Disabling PathPlayer did nothing, the disc still gave read errors.
        Last edited by JohninLA; 12-26-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohninLA View Post
          The name of the film was Brotherhood, released this year. I just received it and it was brand new when I opened it. I tried wiping it with a cloth and no go. I did try in two dvd drives on my pc, and DVDFab, both ver 7 and 8 reported the read error. Then I put it in DVDShrink, and no problem, it read it, and created the iso with no problems at all. I will try disabling the PathPlayer and see if it help. Thanks.

addendum: Disabling PathPlayer did nothing, the disc still gave read errors.

At this point, I'd be looking at obtaining a program called VSO Inspector (a freebie on the web), and D/L and installing it.

That done, start up Fab, put your 'Brotherhood' disc in the drive, and let Fab open it.

Then, start up VSO Inspec. and run a scan on the source disk.

Any errors reported will indicate a bad pressing, and you might want to return the disc to the store where it was bought, and get a replacement.

Hope this helps.

DC

Comment

OK, I'll try that. I'm still puzzled why DVDFab could not read the disc at all, but DVDShrink read it easily. Also, the disc played in my dvd player fine.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

The fact a DVD set top player plays the disc is meaningless, they are much more tolerant of errors. If Shrink read the disc I would disable PathPlayer and give Fab a try.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X