X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PathPlayer Question

Hi Guys
    With the recent issues with Star Trek and the main work around being to disable PathPlayer (which worked for me) can I ask the following:

If you are only using 'Main Movie' mode, is it better to disable PathPlayer???

I was about to give up backing up my Region 2 DVD and luckily I searched and found the thread on the problems the guys are having in Aus with region 4. There, most of the advice was to disable PathPlayer. As a side note, another prog I have showed that the size of the DVD was 44.8GB. It could not open or back it up though.

When I did this with DVDFab 6.1.2.5 the DVD was read within one sweep of the opening status bar. Whereas with PathPlayer ON, it did not open or read even after 15mins.

With PathPlayer OFF and selecting the right Title, I had my Movie Only backup done in 18 Mins.

Please comment.

It's going to depend on the feature/DVD you are trying to extract. Sometimes PP needs to be disable, but normally you want to leave it on. If that results in it NOT extracting properly then try by turning it OFF.

See the last link in my sig "Issues with Snow White (R1 Rel Date: 2009-11-24) Bonus Disc" for another example !!
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Working...
    X