DVD Fab V8 not recognising disks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab V8 not recognising disks.

OK, heres the problem and the background.
    Used dvdfab for a while and all has been well.
    Recently decided to upgrade to v8.xxxxx and this is when the problem has manifested itself.
    Put simply, Dvdfab doest seem to be able to detect that there is a disk in the drive.In the copy from/to windows, it can see it but there is no information regarding chapters, subtitles, audio languages etc.
    Happens in ripper and converter functions.

Now, i have 2 laptops and this error is apparent on both of them.
    Both decent specced with ample resources. both win7 ult. 1 x86 and the other x64

Using other software, converted the disk(s) to iso, still no joy.

The disk conforms to the correct standards for a dvd rom disk. This is bourne out by the fact it plays in **every** player, hard and software.
    I can browse the chapters using windows explorer, so, what the hell is happening????

further info

both systems are clean installs with no other software related to dvd conversion/ripping installed.

Comment

Originally posted by cornz View Post
      OK, heres the problem and the background.
      Used dvdfab for a while and all has been well.
      Recently decided to upgrade to v8.xxxxx and this is when the problem has manifested itself.
      Put simply, Dvdfab doest seem to be able to detect that there is a disk in the drive.In the copy from/to windows, it can see it but there is no information regarding chapters, subtitles, audio languages etc.
      Happens in ripper and converter functions.

Now, i have 2 laptops and this error is apparent on both of them.
      Both decent specced with ample resources. both win7 ult. 1 x86 and the other x64

Using other software, converted the disk(s) to iso, still no joy.

The disk conforms to the correct standards for a dvd rom disk. This is bourne out by the fact it plays in **every** player, hard and software.
      I can browse the chapters using windows explorer, so, what the hell is happening????

OK... first off, I seriously doubt that you can browse (or see) the chapters using Windows Explorer. What you are looking at are the .vob files that comprise the film itself and any menus that require an animated graphic.

Secondly, when you installed Fab (and its updated key), did you do so as the administrator? (And I don't mean that you entered your name in the Admins. box and use it for log-on each time you boot the system - that doesn't give you full admin. priviledges...)

When you are about to run the set-up program for Fab that installs it, you must first right-click it, select run as..., then select administrator from the next drop-down menu. You must also use the same procedure to install the key for Fab.

Please try this, and let us know if your problems go away...

DC

Comment

Working...
      X