Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That laptop must have set on the shelf for a bit, the firmware in the log is AC02 and Firmware HQ has SC01 released Nov.27th 2009
    and the oldest they have is D400 released June 18 2009

Comment

i did try to update and again it said it was not compatible and to contact someone i can't remember

Comment

Bitsetting DVD+R?

Originally posted by chrismhudson View Post
        ... Any idea why my computer would just start copy dvd that can only be played on computers? ...
        I'm not familiar with burning DVD+R media since I use DVD-R exclusively. However, I noticed the following line in your 'dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log':

I 11:43:21 Book Type Setting: N/A

seems odd to me, and this could affect your copied discs to play only on your PC. This may or may not be an issue but someone more knowledgeable could probably shed some insight.

Comment

All I can guess is it is dying, if possible borrow an external drive from a friend to troubleshoot with. If you purchase I would get a internal drive for a desktop and mount it in a external case. Sorry you're having problems.

Comment

It would/should be covered under warranty but as we have all said, lappies are far from the ideal platform to do any ripping. As said many times, they usually have crap slimline drives that tend to overheat.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well spotted TLI...

Originally posted by tli View Post
              I'm not familiar with burning DVD+R media since I use DVD-R exclusively. However, I noticed the following line in your 'dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log':

seems odd to me, and this could affect your copied discs to play only on your PC. This may or may not be an issue but someone more knowledgeable could probably shed some insight.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by tli View Post

All that means is the drive does not support book type setting, and I assume the op has burned that type of blank media with shrink/ImgBurn before and played it back on their stand alone player. If not that could mean the stand alone player doesn't support that media. Thanks for pointing that out tli

As Greg said it should be under warranty and I would make them replace it but it won't last long. I would still buy an external.

Comment

i own an external hard drive how and what do i trouble shoot

Comment

Rip to the external hard drive and play with VLC Player to ensure that rip is OK.

Comment

i checked for updates for my firmware and it said mine is in working order and is up to date

Comment

ok ill try that. I know very little about computers but why would a bad driver cause a copied dvd to not play in my stand alone player but the same burned copy plays in my computer

Comment

A couple of reasons.....

The disks you are using are not compatible with your set top player
                          There is an incompatibility between your burner and set top player
                          The disks you are using are crap
                          The burner is on the way out
                          etc, etc, etc......

Comment

what can i do to trouble shoot
                            Im using verbatim discs and they have play on my ps3 and dvd player when burn with shrink and decrypter

Comment

You can start by trying what has been already been suggested in this thread and posting meaningful information.

Can you not read or are you just stupid?

Comment

Give This a Try...

Originally posted by chrismhudson View Post
                                ... why would a bad driver cause a copied dvd to not play in my stand alone player but the same burned copy plays in my computer
                                I don't know either... However, you might try burning another disc using DVDFab with the Booktype option selected, and see if that would make a difference in playing on your standalone player. See attached screenshot--it shows my settings with the Booktype option de-selected for use with DVD-R. It might not make any difference though if I understand B&W's input but give it a try anyway as we seem to be out of ideas at the moment.

Another possible option you can try is to get some DVD-R blank discs--that's if your drive can support and burn DVD-R discs, and try burning and playing them in your standalone player. Sorry I couldn't be of more help...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by tli; 12-04-2009, 09:58 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Working...
                                X