"DVD failed to burn"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"DVD failed to burn"

Hello all. I have been using DVDFab for over a year with no problems. However, in the last week or so, the program has been ripping with no problems, storing the ripped files on the hard drive, but then failing to initiate the burning process. After research on this site for similar problems, I uninstalled/reinstalled, defragged, switched drives for ripping and burning (both drives have burning capabilities), tried different media brands, and verified that the burners are functional by burning a CD. And I am out of ideas. Are any of you able to take a look at the attached logs and determine what the problem is? Thanks for all your help in advance!
    Attached Files

Your logs list.
    Error 111 device is busy.

Something has your drives locked and your burn engine cannot access them to burn the disk.

Comment

Took a quick look at your VSO log and it also says you drive is in use.

You need to find what software has locked your drives.

Comment

How would I go about finding that? I burned a cd with Nero 8 without a problem....

Comment

As Gruñón stated
          Something has your drives locked and your burn engine cannot access them to burn the disk.
          Make sure to also disable any programs that have an auto play feature when a disc is inserted into your drive.
          You may even try to use ImgBurn, it is "free" and you will find a tutorial on setting it up with Fab here remember to set up the AWS and your burn speed should be 1/2 the rated speed of your disc's.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by fftique View Post
            How would I go about finding that? I burned a cd with Nero 8 without a problem....

That could be your problem area right there... Nero 8.

The driver that Nero uses locks on the drive, whether Nero is running or not, thus your drive isn't accessible to other software.

If you haven't already done so, please D/L and install Imgburn. When it's in, run it and, in the top program window, you'll see a 'Tools' tab. Click on that, and locate and click on the 'Filter Driver Load Order' option.

Please copy & paste or get a screen shot of that info, and post it here so we can take a look.

DC

Comment

Working...
            X