Problems Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Reading

Last couple of updates with DVD Fab has done something extremely wrong to the program. I am having difficulty even reading the DVD's in the reader now when using DVD FAB program only. Any help in what i can or should try ?

Post moved to its own thread.

Comment

What version are you using?

If not V8067 then update.

Comment

Further info this is what it does every time it seems it will not reconize the dvd source it just searches for ever. Have attached screen shot and dvd fab log. Have used DVD fab for a long time with no problems this has just started after last 2 or 3 updates from dvd fab ??

DVDFab 8.0.6.7 (2011/01/02 11:16:34)

0m 00.54s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        1m 40.29s: detected dvd
        1m 40.48s: drive F
        1m 40.48s: dvd type 1
        1m 40.49s: volume label AFTER_THE_SUNSET
        9m 10.15s: failed to read copyright
        Attached Files
        Last edited by budwizer10; 01-02-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Hi budwizer10
          This is an older movie, but not to old and you may have to disable path player Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Try turning off the sidebar it is known to conflict, in certain circumstances, with programs that access optical drives.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

HI CBR 929 & 90312 really appreciate the help. I tried disabling the path and that did not work. I am not sure what you mean by diabling the sidebar ?? so have not tried that. This also happens on all movies now and as mentioned only since i have up dated last couple of updates from dvd fab. It is like you put the dvd in the player and it just can't break the copyright to read it ??

Comment

The sidebar is what displays all the weather gadgets on the desktop.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Please run through the list of "usual suspects"
                  Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                  (link in my sig below).
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Right i tried closing the sidebar and still no difference. i have tried removing dvd fab with the control panel program and reinstalling and like i say it is like it can not read past the copyright on the dvd when you put it in the player so just sits there with the light on the player for ever. not sure what else to try now.

HI Maineman, just saw your post and will go through each of the recomendations by you and let you know the outcome
                    Last edited by budwizer10; 01-02-2011, 09:29 PM.

Comment

You might want to check if it will play a movie, lasers die.

Albert Einstein

Comment

K guys, i think i got if figured and this one really threw me off. i changed out the dvd writer/reader with a spare i had and all seems to work fine now. The old one had no problems reading regular CD/DVD's but when i put in movie DVD's to burn it took for ever to read them. I assumed it was somthing wrong with the DVD FAB program and associated it to the last couple of upgrades but now believe the burner was just on its way out the last month or so. I now think the problem was because of possible error codes put on most Movie DVD's as part of the copy right protection was why it was having such a hard time reading the movie DVD's. As i am pretty much a newbie at these forum's i want to really express my thanks to all that were willing to help by at least responding to my problem and providing some good info.
                        Much Thanks

Comment

Glad you up and burning again
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                          X