DVD copy takes too long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD copy takes too long

I have noticed since the last month or so it takes very long to copy a DVD to the hard drive. Usually it takes about 42 or so minutes but it is now taking hours. I currently have version 8.0.6.7 and as example I tried to copy new release movie Lake Placid 3 and it said it would take 3 hours in full disc copy mode. When it completed it took 4 hours and 11 seconds. This is ridiculously too long. I tried the same movie using the old DVD Decrypter program and it took about 14 minutes only.

I have windows 7 and 64 bit computer. It has happened since at least version 8.0.6.1 but not sure what version this appeared in, may have been even before this. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I had no problem with Lake Placid 3 so you may want to use the reset DMA in Common settings of DVDFab. If that not work post the log files located in document-dvdfab-log

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks for the advice, I should have asked earlier instead of wasting all those hours for the last month. I tried the same movie again after following your advice to reset the DMA and the movie took only 8 minutes. Huge difference.

Comment

Working...
      X