"Private Practice" Season 3 discs have new encryption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Private Practice" Season 3 discs have new encryption

Looks like there's some new encryption goin on in this part of town......I'm a fan of the "Private Practice" tv series, and in trying to back up the newest season 3 discs from my original discs to store on my computer, I noticed that they were unrippable. At the time, I tried with Fab version 8.0.6.5. I patiently waited for release 8.0.6.6, tried it, and they were still unrippable. I saw that 8.0.6.7 was just released a few days ago, and I tried to rip them.......no good. I guess this is some new encryption that no one has stumbled upon yet to analyze. It'd be great if it could be looked at in time to include in release 8.0.6.8.

You posted in both the DVD and BD forums. Which do you have?

I had no problem with the DVD version when it came out a month or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      You posted in both the DVD and BD forums. Which do you have?

I had no problem with the DVD version when it came out a month or two ago.
      Yes. I have the DVD version. I posted in the blu ray forum by mistake. I just bought the dvd version and wanted to store the discs on my computer as I do with all my originals for frequent use. I tried to rip them, and fab just scans the discs endlessly, never advancing to the ripping stage. Tried leaving it scanning one of the discs for over 2 hours before terminating the process.

Comment

Hi, the desolate one

Please enable pathplayer to retry.
        "common settings"-->"DVD/Blu ray"-->"Pathplayer"-->"Always enable pathplayer".

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by katiekim View Post
          Hi, the desolate one

Please enable pathplayer to retry.
          "common settings"-->"DVD/Blu ray"-->"Pathplayer"-->"Always enable pathplayer".

Thanks.
          Didn't work. I set pathplayer to always enabled just like you instructed, then I shut down and restarted fab. Tried to rip 1 of the discs, and it ran in "open dvd source" for 35 mins. before I decided to shut it down. Any other suggestions?

Comment

MAGNIFICENT! I guess 8.0.6.7 was "broken". 8.0.6.8 was released a few hours ago and was able to rip my "Private Practice" season 3 original discs with no problem. Release notes in 8.0.6.8 state that 1 of the fixes involved 8.0.6.7 not being able to rip some discs. Whatever the problem was, glad to see it fixed, and THANKS to Fengtao for the lightning fast update!
            Last edited by the desolate one; 01-06-2011, 02:33 AM. Reason: spelled name wrong

Comment

Working...
            X