Bug - Burning Engine Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug - Burning Engine Selection

I just upgraded DVDFab to 8.0.6.7 and when I tried to burn a disc, it popped up the setup dialog with the DVD/Bluray|Write page selected, and told me I needed to specify a path to Nero or ImgBurn, even though I had VSO Burning Engine selected in the dropdown box. Exact message was

"Please specify path of Nero or ImgBurn at first."

A bug you say and this the first post about this since this version of DVDFab was released 3 days ago. Try installing this version of DVDFab again over top of what is installed already to see if it fixes that error. Then if same problem will need the info listed below but just the log files and computer info

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

A bug you say and this the first post about this since this version of DVDFab was released 3 days ago.
      Is this the same thing as saying "Well, it's not happening on *my* computer."?

I'd already decided to compltely uninstall and reinstall - I just thought someone here might want to know there's a potential problem - like maybe the upgrade appears to ignore the VSO engine install on something older than the most recent prior version.

Comment

Update to V8.0.6.8.

Comment

Well, it still happens, but I have a question. Is VSO not available in the free version? If it isn't, it should be removed from the list of selectable buring utilities.

Comment

Originally posted by jsimmons View Post
            Well, it still happens, but I have a question. Is VSO not available in the free version? If it isn't, it should be removed from the list of selectable buring utilities.
            If you are using the free HD decrypter you will not be able to compress or burn that also goes for the trial after it runs out no compression or burning.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi, jsimmons

1. Reinstall imgburn.exe.
              2. Please uninstall DVDFab, and delete vso driver from "device mananger".
              3. Install DVDFab new version 8068, anc check "common settings"-->"DVD/Blu ray"-->"Write"-->"Burnning engine".

Try again, my vso and imgburn works fine.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                If you are using the free HD decrypter you will not be able to compress or burn that also goes for the trial after it runs out no compression or burning.
                CBR929
                I think that's having an adverse affect. I'm not burning a DVD, and I don't compress - I'm creating ISOs.

Comment

Originally posted by katiekim View Post
                  Hi, jsimmons

1. Reinstall imgburn.exe.
                  2. Please uninstall DVDFab, and delete vso driver from "device mananger".
                  3. Install DVDFab new version 8068, anc check "common settings"-->"DVD/Blu ray"-->"Write"-->"Burnning engine".

Try again, my vso and imgburn works fine.

Thanks.
                  If I do that, my installed (and paid for) copy of version 7 will stop working. I tried using ImgBurn, and it locks up on me. I didn't start having these problems until I let the system upgrade itself to 8.0.6.7.

Comment

i think that's having an adverse affect. i'm not burning a dvd, and i don't compress - i'm creating isos.
                    i just upgraded dvdfab to 8.0.6.7 and when i tried to burn a disc, it popped up the setup dialog with the dvd/bluray|write page selected, and told me i needed to specify a path to nero or imgburn, even though i had vso burning engine selected in the dropdown box. Exact message was

"please specify path of nero or imgburn at first."
                    cbr929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi, jsimmons

1. Please make sure if DVDFab works fine.
                      2. Please rip the disc to foler on HDD,
                      3. Then use imgburn or VSO burn it to iso.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X