dvdfab/imgburn discrepancies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvdfab/imgburn discrepancies

when burning movies very close to the single/double layer threshold, DVDFAB seems to ask me for a double density disk and imgburn asks me for a single density disk.

They burn fine on single density disks with imgburn, but its a pain to pop in a single density, only to be asked for a double density by dvdfab, take the single density out, put in the double density, then to be asked for a single density by imgburn, take out the double density, and put in a single density again - lol

can this be fixed ?

thank you
    Last edited by bind; 01-07-2011, 07:11 AM.

The reason for this is the default's in both imgburn and dvdfab for disc capacity.

For DVDFab the default DVD-5 Size is 4300MB, for Imgburn it is 4.37GB.

If you want to eliminate the conflict, increase the DVD-5 Size in DVDFab to 4370MB.

Comment

Shouldnt the default be the actual capacity of the dvd disk in the drive ?

I only burn dvd 9 full quality, so I am unsure what dvd 5 has to do with anything.

Comment

Some movies you purchase is single layer (not many) and the default is set that way for a reason since lots of newbs use crap blank media and write errors occur near the outer edges of them.
        Open Fab's common settings and set the write size to your wants or needs, that's what they're there for.
        The max size for DVD+R is 4472mb and DVD+R DL is 8152mb.

Comment

Originally posted by bind View Post
          Shouldnt the default be the actual capacity of the dvd disk in the drive ?
          No, for a number of reasons, particularly with respect to the huge variability in terms of blank media quality.
          As the quality of the dye and manufacturing deteriorates, burning close to the edge becomes more and more problematic; the dye thins, wobble increases and accurate laser focus will become impossible.

Originally posted by bind View Post
          I only burn dvd 9 full quality, so I am unsure what dvd 5 has to do with anything.
          Your statements are confusing. Most movies, but certainly not all, will require compression in order to fit on an SL disc
          Please check your settings in Fab.
          Use high quality media, eg.,
          for SL, Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim (with the AZO Dye logo)...
          for DL, Verbatim +R DL MIS (made in Singapore).

4472 MB should be the max setting for SL
          8152 MB for DL.
          Last edited by maineman; 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
            The max size for DVD+R is 4472mb and DVD+R DL is 8152mb.
            Hey W&B, sorry didn't spot you in time
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

thank you for the info

Comment

Working...
              X