Movie won't play in car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie won't play in car

I backed up one of my kids movies using DVD Fab 8. It will play in the house dvd player but when I try playing it in the car dvd player it won't work. It says something like "unable to load".

I backed up the same movie on the same type of DVD (dvd+r) using DVDShrink 3.2 and the movie will play fine in the house and car.

Is there a setting or something that I'm missing when backing up using DVD Fab 8?

Thanks for your help

Car dvd players are notoriously difficult to get along with...
    Given your success with shrink and partial success with Fab, I'm guessing you're using VSO, Fab's default burn engine.
    Recommend that you switch to Img, free and much more reliable and versatile.

If you want to post the burn log from the "failed" disc, we can offer more specific advice.

The default location is:

For Win7
    C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Log

Is there a setting to change from VSO to IMG? sorry, I'm new to this - not sure what VSO or IMG stands for.

Below is a copy of the log. The problem doesn't seem to be movie specific. All of the movies copy fine (no errors through DVDFab) and will play in the house dvd player. The only error we get is when we try to play the movie in the car.

Thank you so much for all of your help!
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about that...
        Imgburn (aka Img) is a free burn engine which we recommend to use in place of the default burn engine (VSO)
        It is selectable within Fab, once downloaded and installed on your system.

Please take a look at this post:

About 1/2 way down where I began "Download link"
        Just follow the directions as it's pretty straightforward.
        I've gotta run out for a bit, but I'll check back.
        Someone is usually around to help out...

//Edit, here's that post I mentioned;

Start about 1/2 way down with Download link
        Last edited by maineman; 01-12-2011, 04:40 AM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Download Imgburn from this link....
          ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

I rip movie to a hard drive folder and burn with Imgburn as a standalone but you can set Fab to use it instead of the vso burn engine.

Comment

Hi davis12123
            Along with the advise already given your drive is in PIO mode, Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right, while here also click on the DVD/Blu-ray > Write and put a check in the Set BookType to DVD-ROM click OK,and restart Fab.

The media you are using 2011-01-04 20:49:23 Info Media ID: CMC MAG-M01-00 is considered garbage "sorry" consider picking up some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim with the AZO Dye on the label and you should have better success.

You are also a few versions behind you can update if you want, it is up to you, you will find it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10947
            Give these a try and post back
            CBR929
            Last edited by CBR929; 01-08-2011, 12:59 AM. Reason: text
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by davis12123 View Post
              I backed up one of my kids movies using DVD Fab 8. It will play in the house dvd player but when I try playing it in the car dvd player it won't work. It says something like "unable to load".

I backed up the same movie on the same type of DVD (dvd+r) using DVDShrink 3.2 and the movie will play fine in the house and car.

Is there a setting or something that I'm missing when backing up using DVD Fab 8?

Thanks for your help
              The firmware of your car unit probably doesn't support the dvd brand you copy to that is why you get that message

Comment

Originally posted by burgman88 View Post
                The firmware of your car unit probably doesn't support the dvd brand you copy to that is why you get that message
                davis12123 mentioned it worked with Shrink, CBR929 is most likely right.
                That poor grade media in combination with the vso burn engine will be hit or miss.

Comment

Working...
                X