This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to slpit into VOB chapters

I'm a previous user of DVDFAB 4 which allowed me to use the vob passthrough feature to split a music video's chapters into seperate VOB files. I've downloaded the trial version of DVDFAB 6 and when I enter vob passthrough and edit and select the split by chapter from the dropdown menu, the file rips as an avi, no matter what I do.

Any thoughts?

I'm having similar problems. When backing up transformers2, I tried to split up the movie to retain the best quality, but I get an error.
    The same goes for G.I. Joe. I want to have it back up asap, before my kids scratched them.

Comment

Are you both using DVD to Mobile & VOB Passthrough profile and selected "Split by Chapter" in the Advanced settings?

I just tested it with Star Trek and it seemed to work OK!

Please give more details.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        Are you both using DVD to Mobile & VOB Passthrough profile and selected "Split by Chapter" in the Advanced settings?

I just tested it with Star Trek and it seemed to work OK!

Please give more details.
        Sorry to drag up an old topic but I was using the search feature to answer a question and this post came close to doing that. Can you tell me how you get to the advanced settings? I can not seem to find this but would like to use the "Split by Chapter" feature.

Mike

Comment

Once you have selected the title, press the "EDIT" button then on the LH side of the pane, use the "SPLIT" pulldown.

And yes, please do not dig up old threads like this. Start a new one.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Once you have selected the title, press the "EDIT" button then on the LH side of the pane, use the "SPLIT" pulldown.

And yes, please do not dig up old threads like this. Start a new one.
            That is where I thought it should be but the only options I have are 1 GB per File and 2 GB per File.

Comment

What profile are you using?

Comment

I just chose VOB passthrough and got 1Gb, 2Gb, 4Gb, By Chapter & No Split as options.

Comment

What profile are you using?
                  DVD to Mobile > VOB

Version 6.2.0.5

After trying several titles I have found a few that give me all of the options you listed but out of 10 that I tried I only found 2 that did.

Mike

Comment

Perhaps it is to do with the way that those DVD's are authored.

Try them in "Main Movie" mode and see if the chapters show up.

Also play them in a softplayer and see if you can navigate by chapter.

Comment

Perhaps it is to do with the way that those DVD's are authored.

Try them in "Main Movie" mode and see if the chapters show up.

Also play them in a softplayer and see if you can navigate by chapter.
                      I can play by chapter on my PCH and I am able to split into chapters using the Title Start/End function and choosing 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc but this requires that I rip one at a time.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X