8.0.6.8 All Disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.6.8 All Disks

I have noticed recently that any disk that I try to do a copy using the DVD Copy Full Disk option, the write to a blank disk immediately errors out with

"Task_1 failed! Error=100
    Process Failed!"

However, I close DVD Fab and select the DVD Copy Main Movie option and it burns with no problems. I've had no problems with the Full Disk copy for the last 2 years, only recently did I renew my subscription so it expires in 2013 but that's the only change I've made to my system. I run Windows 7 with an External writable DVD and am attaching my log files. I attempted the copy over the last couple days on "Avenger, Mercury Rising, Basic, The Box, Safe House, and What About Bob" and all have performed the same way.

Thanks,
    Attached Files

Please try burning with ImgBurn engine.
    There is also a newer DVDFab version available.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield210 View Post
      "Task_1 failed! Error=100
      Process Failed!"
      = DVD_Error_OpenFile

Fab is failing to open the dvd, period.
      Ordinarily, I would ask are you certain Fab has exclusive access to the burner?....no other software competing/causing a conflict?
      However, this only occurs with Full Disc and not Main Movie.

Please check that Fab has been activated correctly.
      Click on the ? mark in the blue circle, upper right of the Fab screen > About
      Is your license displayed correctly?

Are you certain your burner is working properly?
      Can you play one of these dvds with a software player?

If yes, then start play, then stop, but do not exit the player.
      Now see if Fab will open the disc.

If no go, please update to 8072 Beta.
      Actually, I'd do this regardless
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I don't use the burner except for burning certain movies that I know I really like. I have a fairly sizable collection but I backup the the special ones. I think I've used this DVD burner to copy personal files MAYBE 5 times total in a year.

About shows I have a subscription through December 10, 2013 for DVD copy, DVD ripper through January 31 2011, Video Converter and File Transfer all through January 31 2011, Enabled = Yes.

The burner is working correctly because as of this message I just blew a DVD by copying some crap to it and it's readable. Also, I can play the original movies just fine off the burner.

I normally take the original and copy full disk to my hard drive, then from my hard drive back to blank DVD. I will attempt to upgrade to the 8072 beta and let you know. Thanks again for the quick response and I'll let you know my outcomes!

Comment

I'm sorry to report that 8072 didn't help. I still get the initial failure message. I am at a loss now, I thought maybe it was my DVDs, but I've used the same brand for years and even had some others lying around and tried those but no go. The writer will play the originals, it just fails almost immediately after it "detects readable media" right before the copy back starts. Any assistance would be great. I have a work-around, and that's do use the Main Movie option, but I'd prefer the Full Disk option.

Thanks guys and If you need anything from me, let me know and I'll provide it at as quickly as possible.

Comment

I'm sorry to report that 8072 didn't help. I still get the initial failure message. I am at a loss now, I thought maybe it was my DVDs, but I've used the same brand for years and even had some others lying around and tried those but no go. The writer will play the originals, it just fails almost immediately after it "detects readable media" right before the copy back starts. Any assistance would be great. I have a work-around, and that's do use the Main Movie option, but I'd prefer the Full Disk option.

Thanks guys and If you need anything from me, let me know and I'll provide it at as quickly as possible.

Assuming that, when you copy a disc to your HD, you are not only allowing the HD write to the Temp file that Fab does automatically, but are also writing to a separate folder (as the Temp folder is erased once you hit the 'Finish' button after the copy is done), which will leave you with a viable copy of the film on your HD.

When you decide finally that you want to write that file to a disc, please explain how you are doing this...

I suspect that's where the problem lies here...

DC

Comment

The process I use (and have used with DVDFab for the last 2 years is exactly as follows:

1) I have an external drive that I copy my back-up movies to
              2) I have an External dvd write drive
              3) I have created a Folder called "To Be Burned" on the external drive where my backups are going to reside.
              4) I then create sub folders inside that "To Be Burned" folder so every movies has it's own directory.
              5) I would (until this problem popped up) do a Full Disk copy from Source (in this case L - External DVD) TO Target (K - external 3 TB drive)
              6) Once the movie was copied to the K drive, I would put a blank disk in L drive (writable external DVD) and Select Source as K drive (where I had just copied to and the Target would be the L drive - the writable external DVD).

I have not changed anything that I've been doing for the last 3 years but all of a sudden this issue has popped up. If a change in code has facilitated a new temp directory that I need to flush periodically or every copy, I can do that. I just know I've had no problems with DVDFav for years and now I can't do Full Disk copy, only main movie.

I hope this gives you enough information. If not, let me know and I'll provide additional.

Thanks

Comment

Hi, Garfield210

Please use imgburn to burn like Blazkowicz said.
                If fail, post imgburn log.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, so "Task_1 failed! Error=100" was a bit of a red herring.
                  This error indicates an issue opening the file, not burning it.
                  Well, it appears this is exactly the case, although the problem source isn't the disc, but the already ripped files..

Do these Full Disc files play ok when viewed from the hdd?
                  What mode are you using to "open" these ripped files?

Please try Write Data mode.
                  This mode will burn the Source files directly and not re-rip, compress or otherwise process the files.
                  Click Write Data, navigate to and select the hdd folder as Source and click Start

Keep in mind that the blank media will have to be DL if the file size exceeds SL max size

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Okay, now here's a kicker. I went into a folder, highlighted the Audio and Video folders of one of the movies, right clicked, did a "Send To" and selected my DVD burner and it copied no problems. Able to select title and root menues, played no problems. The one thing I haven't done is a complete uninstall of DVDFab and re-install. I may do that tomorrow. Everything seems to be pointing in different directions with some things working and others not but if someone has a better idea, I would love to hear it!!!

Comment

But you still never said what burning program you tried using when it errored, Is it the same one that finally worked? What's the name.

Comment

Okay, now here's a kicker. I went into a folder, highlighted the Audio and Video folders of one of the movies, right clicked, did a "Send To" and selected my DVD burner and it copied no problems. Able to select title and root menues, played no problems. The one thing I haven't done is a complete uninstall of DVDFab and re-install. I may do that tomorrow. Everything seems to be pointing in different directions with some things working and others not but if someone has a better idea, I would love to hear it!!!

OK... Two better ideas...

1.) Burn your disc as part of the copy process... (K Drive is your playback, L Drive is your target with the blank disc ready to copy... all done in one step)...

2.) If you insist in copying first, and burning later, save your files to your 'To Be Burned Folder', and when you are ready to burn, use 'Write Data' mode (DVD Copy --> More --> Write Data) mode, select the 'To Be Burned' folder, pick the film you want to burn by folder title (that's your 'Source', and select your L Drive with the blank disc (that's your target)... then click 'Start'...

The rest should be history...

If that doesn't work, please let us know...

DC

Comment

Please try the Write Data mode for the files already ripped on your hdd as suggested by DC and myself in our last two posts.

Also, as a test, please try to create a bkup disc as described by DC, ie.,
                          "1.) Burn your disc as part of the copy process... (K Drive is your playback, L Drive is your target with the blank disc ready to copy... all done in one step)..."

Thanks.

Comment

Mainman / DC --

Copying from one DVD drive source to another writeable DVD (target) seems to work but the "write data" still produces an immediate error, this time no code, just "Failed". I can live with the disk to disk, the only reason I had a copy on a hard drive is that I had the original disk, a back up disk, and a backup copy on external hard drive (I've got 15 TB of moves on external drives) but this will just save money.

Thanks for all yoru work.

Vampire -- I've only used DVDFab to copy and burn as I've said from the start

Comment

Working...
                            X