Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can I not get updates

hi all

I was just wondering if anyone can answer this problem for me. I have a paid version of dvdfab. I've just tried to update to version 80.72 , and it will not let me update. When I click on the update a window opens like it's going to the website and then suddenly closes back to the original screen. I done a total uninstall of fab and cleaned out my registry, and reinstalled fab. But still cannot get the updates . Your help would be much appreciated in this matter.
    :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Check and make sure your antivirus/firewall not blocking the download. Try another web browser like firefox or chrome to download as I have no problem downloading using IE8 as browser and MSE and Windows firewall is all I use for protection on computer other than malwarebytes

Comment

hi

hi I've just uninstalled my antivirus software, and installed avg but still cannot receive updates any one got any ideas about this problem I've never had this before , not sure where to look in my antivirus software to sort this out.
      :) never look down on anyone unless you're looking down at them to help them up:)

Comment

You mean you can't d/l from the link on the main page on this forum or are you trying to update through the program? If the program it just checks for an update and notifies you of final releases only, not betas and it does not d/l it for you. You have to d/l here at the forums main page or the official purchase site.
        If you can't d/l from either site with your browser then try another browser.

Comment

hi

Thank you for your help and advice. I cannot get updates from here or dvdfabs website. Nothing has changed on my computer. I have noticed I can download the new beta version on my laptop that is working fine. I still cannot download the updates on my main computer. Hope this makes sense thank you for your advice in advance

Comment

hi

I have just tried another browser, and still no joy. It seems like it will allow me to update to the official version but not the beta version. Which is strange to me. Hope someone can help. I know I'm running on the new beta version . What I done is downloaded onto my laptop copy it to a USB stick and then installed it on my main computer. But he still doesn't get round the problem of why I cannot download updates. Thank you for all your help

Comment

Hi tdk,

you wouldn't happen to have Kaspersky installed on your machine???

Thanks!

Comment

hi

No I have not got kaspersky installed on my computer. Thank you for your enquiry

Comment

Please try one direct link:
                  人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                  Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

hi

I would just like to say thank you to everyone for their help.

And to blazkowicz the link you sent me work fine it downloaded straight away I have not got any ideas why it will not let me download from here or there official website. I will try to download from here again and see how I get on, I will let you all know very soon.

Comment

hi

Just to inform everyone, I've just tried to download from here, and their official website and steel no joy. The page opens and then immediately shuts down. It doesn't get to the screen where it says save or run . If you know what I mean.

Comment

The link I posted is one which gets redirected to when using official link.
                        人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                        Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

hi

I know it's the same link, but I have tried the link that goes red which is always worked before but now it is not working I do not understand why that link doesn't work and your one does. I've done a full antivirus scan and found no issues. I have not installed any programmes recently. So I just haven't got close hopefully someone out there will no what's going on, thank you for your help.

Comment

hi

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone that helped me with my problem. I think I found the problem, I had to turn off the information bar for file downloads which I did, and now I can download the latest beta version. I think this is safe to do but not sure if anyone can advise. Once again a big thank you to all.

Comment

Working...
                            X