Crash on Installing 8.0.7.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash on Installing 8.0.7.3

Installed 8.0.7.3. At the end of the install I got a crash message saying program had to close (Windows 7 Pro x64). After closing I got the next button showing and clicked that. Got a message saying to reboot. After rebooting I tried opening the program and it opened ok. Seems program is fine but I never got a crash at installing before. I think there is a little glitch there.
    I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Just installed it on almost the same OS as you - Windows 7 Ult x64 and no crash.

Comment

I am having the same issue. It has an error saying the program needs to close after installing. I can't get it to open... I have Windows 7 64-bit as well.

Comment

I re-installed version 8.0.6.8 and it works again. I guess there's seems to be some conflict with the new version.

Comment

I get the same thing on vista had to install .72 to get fab back

Comment

I am having the same issue. It has an error saying the program needs to close after installing. I can't get it to open... I have Windows 7 64-bit as well.
            Did you reboot? After it said I had to close the program, I couldn't get it to open either until I rebooted. Then everything was ok.
            I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Yup, same crash at the end of the install on Vista 32.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                Just installed it on almost the same OS as you - Windows 7 Ult x64 and no crash.
                Yup, no problem here either.
                I'm running Win7 Pro 64-bit

For those of you that have persistent problems...

Recommend deleting the installer for 8073.
                Re-download the installer, save, close and then right click on the installer and
                "run as administrator"
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

crash on win xp sp3 during copy movie

hi all,
                  no problem to install but the system crash during copy the movie "TWELVE".
                  i try 3 times and 3 times the system crash but not at same moment.
                  have you any idea ?

thanks

Admin Note: Please start your own thread, do not hijack an existing one with an unlreated problem. Please do not respond to this post.

Comment

Also had problem installing 8.0.7.3 on Win7 64bit Ultimate. It was being installed as an upgrade to 8.6.0.8 and was run "as administrator". The crash happend at the end of the process and the crash details said something about a type of "BEX". Had same problem when uninstalling.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipW001 View Post
                      Also had problem installing 8.0.7.3 on Win7 64bit Ultimate. It was being installed as an upgrade to 8.6.0.8 and was run "as administrator". The crash happend at the end of the process and the crash details said something about a type of "BEX". Had same problem when uninstalling.
                      i have the same problem but i erased the program and downloaded again and the program works great.i run the program normal,not as admin.

Comment

I re-downloaded 8073, re-installed (as Admin) and all OK now.

Comment

Working...
                        X