process failed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

process failed!

I was trying to back up my movie "The Town" and "Ticking Clock" I put the DVD in and opened dvdfab, then I chose to make it into an ISO file and saved it to my desktop using the dvd 9 format since its 100%... The file size of the ISO image is 5.62GB so I tried using a Memorex DL+R dvd it started out like it was going to burn and then 25 minutes later I get task_2failed! error=112 I've ruined two disc and don't want to mess up any more... I've tried with VSO and ImgBurn
    having no luck with either one...
    Logs attached. maybe they will show something...

Attached Files

First the media [Memorex DL+R ] you are using is the most problamatic on the market.

Second you are burning at max speed for your burner. Burn that media with your burner no faster than 4X.

Third error is....initialization of the writing device has failed.

A quick google search turn up many complaints with the media you are using .

世界中のあらゆる情報を検索するためのツールを提供しています。さまざまな検索機能を活用して、お探しの情報を見つけてください。

Last edited by Guest; 01-30-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Hi Vegas
      The only thing I think you should do is change your media the (Memorex DL+R) Media ID: MBIPG101-R10-41 you are using is considered garbage and your burner knows it, sorry consider picking up Verbatim +R DL with the AZO Dye on the label.
      CBR929

Did not see you Gruñón
      Last edited by CBR929; 01-30-2011, 03:41 PM.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Okay thanks for the help I just hope its the memorex disc cause I had IMGBURN set at 4x... and it gave me an error i followed the tutorial on how to set imgburn and dvdfab to work together Link

Just checking before I go out and buy verbatim -DL dvd's...
        and thank you guys for the help
        attached some images...

Comment

Your real issue is the layer break.

2011-01-29 23:58:36 Error Init DVD+R Dual Layer: Failed to set layer change to LBA 1482176 (2.83 Gb.) - Code 05 26 00 [Illegal request, Invalid field in Parameter list]
          2011-01-29 23:58:36 Info Writing speed requested x8.0, effective x8.0
          2011-01-29 23:58:36 Info Can't find a proper layer break in ISO image. Setting to 1482184
          E 01:02:34 Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_01)
          Looks as it can't find a place to use for the layer break.

I would do this

1. Mount the image with DVDFab Virtual Drive
          2. Use ImgBurn in build mode to build a new ISO/or burn directly from the mounted ISO

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
            Your real issue is the layer break.

Looks as it can't find a place to use for the layer break.

I would do this

1. Mount the image with DVDFab Virtual Drive
            2. Use ImgBurn in build mode to build a new ISO/or burn directly from the mounted ISO
            mounted it with dvdfab virtual drive and tried to burn it from the virtual drive it Almost worked but my computer becomes non responsive when trying to read the disc after i burned it with IMGBURN and the xbox 360 doesn't recognize it either...

Comment

Your console sees the disc as still open and not closed, due to the burn error.

Your option is to also try the 6x & 8x write speeds. If that also gives you issues to finalize the disc, your need to follow what CBR929 posted in #3.

Comment

CR929's advice is right on.
                You layer break issue is the result of your blank media.

Please dump the Moser Baer media and pick up some Verbatim +R DL, preferably MIS (made in Singapore), but the MII are better than a crapshoot with the Moser Baer.

Your media is very inconsistent in terms of quality, but worse, has abysmal firmware support.
                If you had 10 burners to test it with, you might get the layer break positioned correctly...
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm not experienced with using dual layer disc but I ran into the same error a few weeks ago and my solution was to open Fabs settings and untick remove layer break, then re-rip the original disc to a folder then use ImgBurn as a stand alone.
                  Not sure why I couldn't use my iso file. Also noticed you're using full disc mode instead of the write data mode when you already have the iso as the source.

Comment

So it appears my problem is my DVD's I will try Verbatim next time... since it seems that's whats giving me the layer break issues... the weird thing is that I used dvdfab and burned the same movies using dvd5 method on single layer memorex dvd-r and they play fine just the video quality isn't that great like 60% that's why I'm using the DL memorex since the SL memorex works fine... I guess Verbatim is the only way to go when it comes to DL DVD's... I've went through 6 of the memorex DL +r and I'm out now so I don't plan on buying another in my life time, hell I won't even take them if there free for the time that I wasted messing with them... And thank all of you for your help, and I will try Verbatim before I come back posting on the this topic, I will update the thread if the Verbatim works that way if someone comes across the same problem they will have a solution..

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
                      I'm not experienced with using dual layer disc but I ran into the same error a few weeks ago and my solution was to open Fabs settings and untick remove layer break, then re-rip the original disc to a folder then use ImgBurn as a stand alone.
                      Not sure why I couldn't use my iso file. Also noticed you're using full disc mode instead of the write data mode when you already have the iso as the source.
                      Okay thank you for that information, I will try using it without layer break enabled the next time maybe that's the problem but for now I'm out of DL-DVD's....

the file plays fine on the computer using the dvdfab virtual drive windows media plays it regular, so I'm hoping Verbatim will come through or un-checking the remove layer break will work...

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        CR929's advice is right on.
                        You layer break issue is the result of your blank media.
                        Would have happen even with quality media, as the source image is not able to provide a suitable cell for the LB.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                          Would have happen even with quality media, as the source image is not able to provide a suitable cell for the LB.
                          I'm not so sure Gummi.
                          You certainly raise some valid points as does W&B, but I have seen errors such as this disappear with changing to reliable media.

If the firmware support for this media wasn't so atrocious, I think the OP might have a chance.

Anyway, my money's still on the verbs
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                          X