Avast antivirus problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avast antivirus problem

Have been running free Avast 5 antivirus for long time (using Fab versions 7 & 8 levels) & no conflict with DVDFab. Now suddenly Avast popped up Malware box & wiped out my registration info ... i'm not sure what to do now, have requested key be resent, but do i have to disable Avast then every time i run DVDFab ?? I know this is some issue apparently related to Avast having made a change in last update 'cause I never had problem before this morning ... it has affected all Dvdfab versions from 6 thru 8 on my pc .

Hmmm...something's amiss that's for sure.
    I run avast freeware on a couple of my rigs....including my primary Win 7 Pro, 64-bit.

You should be able to just download your regkey from DVDFab.com > Members

Recommend you run CCleaner (include the registry scan/fix) and Malwarebytes if you haven't already.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

thanks for advice ... everything seems clean & i've posted report to Avast on what seems as a false positive on DvdFab.exe ... have reinstalled Dvdfab pgms with keys & seems to work fine with Avast shields off but i will try to put exclude in for DvdFab check in Avast shields for now & try in couple days to see if problem goes away ... if it was due to avast update maybe they will fix or there's always chance it was just some kind of flute, but it seemed strange that avast alerted on each of the versions 5,6,7,8 installed on pc ... i suspect problem may be just in the 'heuristic' shield rather than the execute shield, will test them .

Comment

Avast5 Solution ...

one last post if anyone else with Avast5 should encounter problems with malware/trojan alerts ..
        1. Files being alerted & removed to 'virus chest' were files like:
        'DVDFabDVD2DVD.exe' found in the 'options' subfolder of DVDFab program. These executables apparently check for registration on individual options modules of DVDFab & when the file was put in virus chest, I lost my registration for that module (had i known this 1st time, i could have just restored from virus chest instead of reinstall/keydownload) .
        2. The Avast shield doing the alert/removal was the 'File System Shield' of the 7 Avast shields. So go into Avast5, click on 'expert settings' for that shield, and add "*\DVDFab*.exe" to the 'exclusions' list.

That will prevent problem from happening again ... jak

Comment

Working...
        X