Can't burn certain titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't burn certain titles

With the latest version installed, I was unable to rip (Ipod/Iphone) 2 of 5 titles.
    A Single Man, and Winter's Bone.

When I insert the discs into my drive, the drive seems to work for 30 sec or so, and then all is quiet, with no disc showing up in the DVDfab app.

The other 3 discs ripped just fine like they usually do.... "The Other Guys" "Repo Men", and "The Last Song"

When I try the discs which won't rip in DVDfab in Windows Media Player, I get the same result, WMP doesn't even show the title, and my dvd drive E continues to ignore the fact that there is even a disk installed....

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 8.0.7.3)
    Vendor: ATAPI
    Product: DVD A DH16A1L
    Revision: KH15
    Vendor specific: 2006/11/08 11:08
    Drive region control: RPC II
    Drive region: 1
    User changes left: 4
    Vendor resets left: 4

No disc in drive.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by akparajack View Post
    With the latest version installed, I was unable to rip (Ipod/Iphone) 2 of 5 titles.
    A Single Man, and Winter's Bone.

When I insert the discs into my drive, the drive seems to work for 30 sec or so, and then all is quiet, with no disc showing up in the DVDfab app.

The other 3 discs ripped just fine like they usually do.... "The Other Guys" "Repo Men", and "The Last Song"

When I try the discs which won't rip in DVDfab in Windows Media Player, I get the same result, WMP doesn't even show the title, and my dvd drive E continues to ignore the fact that there is even a disk installed....

Info for drive [E:\] (DVDFab 8.0.7.3)
    Vendor: ATAPI
    Product: DVD A DH16A1L
    Revision: KH15
    Vendor specific: 2006/11/08 11:08
    Drive region control: RPC II
    Drive region: 1
    User changes left: 4
    Vendor resets left: 4

No disc in drive.

Any ideas?

Yup... get your hands on either VSO Inspector or Nero Disc Speed (both are still freebie downloads on the web, tho' you might have to look a bit to find Nero)...

And run a scan on the discs that won't rip or play back in WMP... any errors will point to a defective source disc, and should be taken back to the source of purchase and a replacement obtained...

Please let us know... if no errors show up, we'll have to look at something else... not sure what yet... depends on what info you can send us...

DC

Last edited by DarthCopier; 02-09-2011, 03:30 AM.

Comment

<<Please let us know... if no errors show up, we'll have to look at something else... not sure what yet... depends on what info you can send us...

We'll I'm about to head out on the road and don't really have time to try and chase this down at the moment. As a shot at a quick solution, I booted up the old laptop, which is running 8.2.0.0 (looks like from about a year ago), updated the registration, and "Winter's Bone" fired right up and is ripping as we speak (albeit at a painfully slow rate)...

Does this shed any light on the problem?

thanks,

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by akparajack View Post
        <<Please let us know... if no errors show up, we'll have to look at something else... not sure what yet... depends on what info you can send us...

We'll I'm about to head out on the road and don't really have time to try and chase this down at the moment. As a shot at a quick solution, I booted up the old laptop, which is running 8.2.0.0 (looks like from about a year ago), updated the registration, and "Winter's Bone" fired right up and is ripping as we speak (albeit at a painfully slow rate)...

Does this shed any light on the problem?

thanks,

Jack

First thing that pops to mind is a dirty source disk... always give them a good cleaning before you try to rip (or copy).

Still a good idea to get your hands on either VSO or Nero Disk Speed (or both), as they'll help you troubleshoot at home.

As to the disk problem with your other system, will need a lot more info before I can say anything.

DC

Comment

Same Problem....

Well once again I'm unable to burn DVD to Iphone on my Desktop running the latest version of DVD Fab. I haven't had this issue in the past on my desktop at all. This time the title is "Crazy Heart". Once again, when I booted up my old Dell laptop running 8.0.2.2, it fired right up with no issues.... I was able to burn a "Dexter" TV series disk no problem on the Desktop, but no luck with "Crazy Heart"... Why are only certain disks now able to convert? It's not the disk as they are squeaky clean and new looking.....

Someone please - any ideas?

Jack

Comment

Finally back in town and tried again to rip some titles on my desktop, only to be again frustrated with the computer acting like I hadn't even put a disk in the drive. Again I tried the disk in my old laptop running an older version of DVDFab, and it went right to work on the conversion.

I went back to my desktop and downloaded the VSO program. It IDd my DVD drive and had me check for firmware updates, which I did. I installed the new firmware update for the drive, restarted, and now everything works fine....

Thanks for your help,

Jack

Comment

Working...
            X