DVD play issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD play issue

I made a copy of a DVD to Ritek 16x DVD-R media using DVDFab DVDcopy and IMGburn. I had IMGBurn verify the copy. The copy will not play with Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player, but it will play with ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre.

I also made a dual layer copy of a different disc using Memorex DVD+R 8x media. It also verified with IMGburn. I had the same result with the above players.

I have made copies of DVDs to hard drive folder with DVDShrink, then burned with DVDFab and IMGburn, and the copies worked with all the above players, with the same media.

Is there any reason why this is happening?
    Last edited by Geoff; 02-11-2011, 02:13 AM.

Information you requested

1.) This happens with all discs.
    2.) Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel I3, 6GB memory
    3.) I have four external USB drives.
    4.) No recent changes to OS or hardware
    5.) Ideal DVD Copy is installed

To summarize: If I copy a DVD with DVDFab DVD Copy and it burns with IMGBurn and the copy is verified, it will not play with Windows Media Player or VLC Media player, but will play with Arcsoft Total Media Theatre.

I had previously coped DVDs to a hard drive folder with DVDShrink, and then burned the folder to disc with DVDFab DVD Copy, and it would work in all the above players.

As an experiment, I copied the DVD that would not play as above to a hard drive folder using DVDShrink. I then burned the folder to disc with DVDFab DVD Copy. This disc was able to play in all the above players.

So I wonder why when I make a disk-to-disk copy using DVDFab DVD Copy, it fails to play in some players, but if I copy the disk to a hard drive folder using DVDShrink and then to disk using DVDFab DVD Copy, it will play normally?
    Attached Files

Comment

The ImgBurn log you posted, was that from a burn that played as it should?

Comment

Yes, it probably was. I thought the earlier burns would be in the log. Should I repeat the process that created the DVD that wouldn't always play?

I checked the DVD that was produced by the logs I posted, and it plays with VLC Media Player but not with Windows Media Player.
        Last edited by Geoff; 02-12-2011, 01:21 AM.

Comment

If it plays with VLC and not WMP, that would indicate to me that you do not have the necessary codecs installed for WMP as all codecs in VLC are held internally, unlike the POS Windoze crap.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Well, the original played with both, so that's why I'm curious.

Comment

Yeah, so am I now!!!
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As an aside..

The Ritek that you have been using are acknowledged as CRAP and I would anticipate problems there.

Still can't see what causes the Verb problem though.

Hmmmmm.... Maybe some logs on a Ritek burn !!!!

Comment

The reason I asked, was that the log you posted, shows no issues in the log. Would be interesting to see a burn log from one that doesn't work.

Comment

Could it be a Book-Type setting
                    I 20:35:03 Book Type Setting: N/A (Reason: Invalid Command Operation Code)
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Could it be a Book-Type setting
                      I 20:35:03 Book Type Setting: N/A (Reason: Invalid Command Operation Code)
                      CBR929
                      I 21:18:00 Source Media Type: DVD+R DL (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)
                      The log states that it's book typed.

Geoff also have the problems when he plays from the computer. Never heard that the book type should be an issue in those readers. Seems to be the regular DVD players that suffers from that disease.

Comment

Working...
                      X