Problem with "Das Boot"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with "Das Boot"

Anybody else having problems backing this up?

Nope............
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes. I've backed up "Das Boot: The Director's Cut: Superbit" edition - EAN: 5-023940-535864.
      From my database logs, I used DVDFab 5.220 in "Clone mode" back in Dec 2008. If it helps, the original two disc IDs were:
      4666BF14F44F0B37 [DVD_VIDEO]
      7FC8B5359F8023BF [DVD_VIDEO]
      No problems encountered in backing up to two Verbatim DVD+R DL discs. (MKM003).

Edit:
      Sorry, should have said. This is a UK retail release of the DVD.
      Last edited by astage; 02-11-2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
        Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
        If this happens with all discs or just one
        Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
        If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
        If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
        If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.
        I appreciate your concern and I'm prepared to do all you suggest if necessary. However, IMHO it seems it's a lot simpler to ask first if this happens to be a troublesome disk with a known solution.

Comment

As a general rule of thumb, "PROBLEM" disks, as you put it, are pretty well restricted to new releases that containg some new copyright schema that Fab has not caught up with.

With older releases such as this, ithe usual operating procedure is to try it with Pathplayer ON/OFF, clean the disk and inpect it for dameage, or it is a bad pressing. There are more bad pressings than you may realise.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            As a general rule of thumb, "PROBLEM" disks, as you put it, are pretty well restricted to new releases that containg some new copyright schema that Fab has not caught up with.

With older releases such as this, ithe usual operating procedure is to try it with Pathplayer ON/OFF, clean the disk and inpect it for dameage, or it is a bad pressing. There are more bad pressings than you may realise.
            Yes, I've had experience with PP and with cleaning a disk as you say. This one was sorta strange. As you know, Das Boot is 3.5 hours long and this was on one disk. I wasn't sure what to expect. It might have been compressed or as it turns out was written on both sides. The first side copied perfectly until the final 1.5% which took as long as the rest of the disk. Strange. Anyway the copy was fine however the default name was "DVD_ Video" and I didn't notice it until I went looking for it. When I tried to copy the other side I changed the name to "Das Boot #2" and the copy was funky. By now it was getting late so I set it to run again with the same name and went to bed. In the morning it was stalled at 98.xx %. Mind you the only thing I had changed from the first side to second was the name so I decided to let it run with the default name and it copied OK. Now I need to figure out why I can't change the file from "read only" so I can change the name. It just reverts back. Any suggestions?

Comment

Gotta be something with the Windo$e rights where you are saving the file or something still has hold of it in a process.

Try renaming after a machine reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
                I have no problem with my Das Boot DVD so post the info mentioned in post #4

That won't be necessary because, as I said in post #7 eventually I got it to copy. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                X