DVD Burn- Drive issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Burn- Drive issue?

I'm having some issues burning playable back-ups on my laptop although there are no errors in the burn. Im running windows 7 x64. DVD Fab 8.0.7.3 registered lifetime license and ImgBurn 2.5.4.0 (I know there is a new version). I am new to the site as a member but have read posts and used products for years. I am far from an expert on the internal workings of the software but get by.

For example, when I burnt a back-up of Paranormal activity, I burnt it on both my computers. My PC is an older XP OS that runs good somedays and not so good others so my laptop is my strength. Both the PC and the laptop are running the same versions of fab and ImgBurn. I never use fab on both at the same time.

The PC burnt a customized DVD5 with no issues. The laptop burnt the same DVD5 (Verbatim MCC-004) with no errors as well.

When I play the discs in my DVD player it struggles to read the laptop burn but reads the PC burn fine. I burn most of my back-ups as customize or main movie only. This has happened more in my later versions of fab. Most discs burned from the laptop finish with no errors but struggle to be read in the DVD player. Some do read after making loud noises (I assume its the lens trying to read the disc) and others say bad disc. The discs always read in the computer though.

Do you think this is an optical drive burn issue in the laptop?
    I will post some recent logs from the laptop. I can submit the same from the PC if you request.

Thanks for all that you do!!!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by chaostoday View Post
    I'm having some issues burning playable back-ups on my laptop although there are no errors in the burn.
    The burn can still be crappy, only a verify would tell if it's so or not.

Slimline burners in general produces lower quality burns that a regular burner. A lower write speed as 4x could also be tried to see if that produces better quality burns.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
      The burn can still be crappy, only a verify would tell if it's so or not.

Slimline burners in general produces lower quality burns that a regular burner. A lower write speed as 4x could also be tried to see if that produces better quality burns.
      You're right about that! Thanks for the advice. I lowered the burn speed in Img and it burned a playable copy that worked in the DVD player without all the mess!! Appreciate all you do!!

Comment

Working...
      X