Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't start the copy

Hi there,

First of all, I love your product. I have used it for a couple of years now and have successfully copied dozens of disks. I am using 8.0.6.6.

However, over the past few weeks, I have been having a hard time getting the program to copy disks. Sometimes, they just hang up in the "open DVD source" box and it will take several minutes to actually go to the start part, or it won't open it at all. Today, i have had it happen with 3 separate disks and it hasn't worked on a single one yet. I have allowed a minimum of 5 minutes on each one of these before ejecting it.

I don't think it is the DVD burner. I can put it in there to play and it will start to play the disk just fine. I have Fab on another machine and it works fine. The funny thing is that the machine I am having trouble is is the one that I use most of the time. It is less than a year old. Could the program be corrupted? Should I delete it and reinstall it? If so, how do I reinstall the license? Thanks.

Marty

Hi MarMac2768
    Without logs it's all guess work...You may try to reset DMA to do this
    Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.
    Also if this is an older movie you may have to disable path player Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.

If non of this works
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
    X