Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After being burned movie won't play in any DVD player or Computer

Hello Everyone !
    I have been using DVDFab for over 5 years now and only once I have this same problem like 3 years ago. Now I'm having it again .After finalize and successful copy I tried to play the DVD in my computer ( and in other 3 Different computers ) I get the system freeze up then I tried to play it in a regular DVD payer and it shows a message "Disc Error" in 4 different DVD player machines ... This started suddenly ... I have been using the same Blank DVD brand for years but just in case I did Change the brand in this situation to see if that would make a difference and nothing same thing ... I Have been updating to the latest versions of DVDFab ... I know that this happened before ( Once) but I can't remember how I fix it ... Can anyone tell me how to fix it ??? Thank you in Advance

Hi Leowl1167
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I guess this is what you are asking me to copy and paste from my setting
      This is the Temp directory
      C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\Temp\

and this is my Out put directory :
      C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\DVDFab\

I'm using windows XP and I already put the setting to a default and burned another DVD that hasn't worked either Not sure what to do from here on ???

Comment

Hi Leowl1167

I think you misunderstood me the locations that I had posted is where you will find your log files.
        Please post the information so that we can maybe see what is going on and fix it.

CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 02-14-2011, 12:27 AM. Reason: text
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Is your burner still OK? If it is 4 years old, it may be on its last legs.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes My burner is still OK I burned some movies that I had in my hard drive with Nero and they are just perfect I think that the problem is in the DVDFab for some reason it copy the movies successfully but they don't play anywhere I'm very confused and not sure what to do ...Can it be a bug in the software ???.

Comment

Hello CBR929 :
              I know that you are traying to help but I really don't understand what you are asking me to do I really can"t find the Log files anywhere because I don't know how to and mostly don't understand what it does have to do with the malfunction of the software ...I apologize for my ignorance and Thanks again for your help .

Comment

Originally posted by Leowl1167 View Post
                Hello CBR929 :
                I know that you are traying to help but I really don't understand what you are asking me to do I really can"t find the Log files anywhere because I don't know how to and mostly don't understand what it does have to do with the malfunction of the software ...I apologize for my ignorance and Thanks again for your help .
                CBR929 told you in post #2 where your logs are located.

Comment

Hello Everyone :
                  First of all I didn't mean to upset anyone with the "Malfunction" of the software ... is that to my eyes seems to be that since when the copy finalize and it says "Successfully created" you'll think is the software ... I have use the software for several years without any problem and I think the software is wonderful So that's why I don't understand the sudden change in results ... I COULD NOT POST ANY ERROR MESSAGES since I didn't get any from the software so I don't have that information to give again every time a DVD is finished it says "Successfully Finished" No error message ... I have NOT change anything in my computer for the last 2 months so the Software was working Ok until a week or so that the problems started Now it may be a shame but I didn't know how to find the log files YES you gave me the location but I didn't know where to go and find them Until I read again the location you gave me and I found the folder with the files That is my fault and my lack of ability in finding the location now here are the log files that I found in my computer Again I'm sorry for any inconvenience and for asking about the logs I just wanted to know why they were so important .Thanks again for your help .
                  Attached Files

Comment

More log files

I had to split the log files since they won't fit in one response .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Leowl1167
                      Sorry but we also need to see the burn logs, could you please post them.
                      CBR929

Comment

Sure ...I'm sorry I might have forgotten to add them all here are all again in a compress file . Again Thank you .
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Leowl1167
                          The media you are using is considered "Garbage" sorry
                          Media ID: CMC MAG. AM3
                          Media ID: RITEKF1
                          Consider picking up some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim with the AZO dye on the package see pic

Also if you want to try and salvage the disc's you have you will probably need to install and burn with ImgBurn it is "free" and you will find a tutorial on setting it up with Fab here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33 do not forget to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and your burn speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your disc's like you are doing now.

Give this a try and post back
                          CBR929
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello CBR929
                            Thank you so much for your response it is very clear I just downloaded ImgBurn and I set both ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together I will try to make a copy tomorrow ( I gotta go to work now) I thought that the media wasn't very good to start with ( I'm surprise that it happened after I have been using the same media for so long ) but this confirm it I will definitely buy the Blank DVD that you suggested ...Thanks Again and I will let you know how the new copies with ImgBurn works .

Comment

Originally posted by Leowl1167 View Post
                              Hello CBR929
                              Thank you so much for your response it is very clear I just downloaded ImgBurn and I set both ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together I will try to make a copy tomorrow ( I gotta go to work now) I thought that the media wasn't very good to start with ( I'm surprise that it happened after I have been using the same media for so long ) but this confirm it I will definitely buy the Blank DVD that you suggested ...Thanks Again and I will let you know how the new copies with ImgBurn works .
                              Hi Leowl1167
                              In these economic times everybody is trying to stretch their dollars more to make a bigger profit, so using cheaper materials and or manufacturing process they do what they have to do.

Yes please, let me know how you make out, and don't work to hard
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X