This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about 6.2.0.2 regarding new policy

I just bought dvdfab a couple of days ago and activated it tonight because of the new policy regarding the free version being delayed in regards to getting new protection fixes, eg. Transformers 2 and now UP. just out of curiousity, I wanted to know if a person downloads the beta 6.2.0.2 which fixes UP and I assume can do transformers 2, how will it allow you to backup UP or transformers 2 if your not a paid registered member, since a paid registered member downloads the exact same beta file, same goes for downloading the 6.1.2.5 which allows backing up transformers 2 .

Basically we have been told that free members have to wait 2-3 months for some newer protection fixes, which is only fair since paid members should get the benefit first, but since the downloads are the same for both paid and free members, how would one know what fixes are included in the newest versions of dvdfab if your not a paid member ,,,, and when/how would the free member be informed of new fixes for the free dvdfab

unless I am confused but are the download links to the newest version not the same for both free and paid members, or now that I am a paid member would I download the lastest 6.1.2.5 somewhere different... I see there is a c.s.s. version on the download link and of course the download link on the Free stuff page, but both files are the same,,,, am i confused

thanks in advance

I think the fixes will be available in the Final releases only. (for the free version that is)

Comment

your key activates it as the free version does not need the key so the update for the movie will not be activated until fengtao allows it to be

I would also like to add disc 2 of Transformers can be done with the latest beta release

Comment

maybe I babbled too much, so basically you are saying that eg. in the next non-beta release , paid members and free members both download the same release but your activation key fully unlocks all fixes including new protection fixes, while a non-paid member may not have access to such things a new copy protection scheme fixes until fengtao makes it available to them as well,

I guess what it boils down to, is now that I am a paid member, I don't have to worry about not getting all the fixes right away and having to wait for copy protection fixes, and not knowing when they would be available, at least now as a paid member you get all the fixes as soon as they are available,

sorry one more thing, when I now download new revisions, do I have to click on the download link on home page and download the c.s.s. version or can you still download the revisions from the free stuff page

thanks again
        Last edited by Billy34; 11-11-2009, 03:54 AM.

Comment

Correct, your a paid subscriber and good to go
          Edit: just d/l the latest version from here on the main page, Final or beta...your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy34 View Post
            maybe I babbled too much, so basically you are saying that eg. in the next non-beta release , paid members and free members both download the same release but your activation key fully unlocks all fixes including new protection fixes, while a non-paid member may not have access to such things a new copy protection scheme fixes until fengtao makes it available to them as well,

I guess what it boils down to, is now that I am a paid member, I don't have to worry about not getting all the fixes right away and having to wait for copy protection fixes, and not knowing when they would be available, at least now as a paid member you get all the fixes as soon as they are available,
            Yes exactly but if you are using the 30 day trial you will get the latest update for all protections as that is a trial for you to decide if you want to buy but after 30 days if you not enter the key the next time a new protection is released and updated then DVDFab will not unless it has been activated with the key

Comment

Working...
            X