Remove Regional Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Regional Code

I bought Born to Raise Hell, a Seagal movie that has only been release in the UK, and am trying to make a copy so I can watch it on my DVD player. I've read the support docs on the site, made sure all the right options are selected, and indicated when I insert the DVD that it is a Region 2 disc. It reads the disc fine, burns a copy, but when I put it in my DVD player it says it can't play because of region restrictions. What am I doing wrong?

Hi bedavis2,

Please be sure you have specified the correct region code in the pop-up window "Specify the DVD disc's region code". If your original region code is 2, you need choose 2 from the list.

Please check which format (PAL, NTSC or SECAM) your original movie disc is and your standalone DVD player supports. We don't touch the conversion between them now, so the burned disc still keeps the format of original disc, which causes the "area limitations" notice by your standalone DVD player since it can not support the format of original disc.

Sincerely,
    --
    Sunny
    Last edited by sunny; 02-17-2011, 02:03 AM.

Comment

You are posting from Region 1 NTSC format.

Your Region 2 disk is PAL format.

Comment

how far back software wise would i need to go to be able to change the format from pal? or is that not possible?

Comment

Originally posted by bedavis2 View Post
          how far back software wise would i need to go to be able to change the format from pal? or is that not possible?
          Not possible with DVDFab but you can find a program using google. Much easier to buy a DVD player that can play both PAL and NTSC instead of changing the format

Comment

Working...
          X