Can't burn 'em anymore..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't burn 'em anymore..

Ok.. here we go.. I have my registered version on this laptop and have burned movies on it before.. but it seems like it hasn't worked since I upgraded to the latest version of 8.0.4.0. Hopefully I get this right the first time..

I am using Windows XP home edit. svc pack 3
    Toshiba satellite, 1.60 Ghz with 1.37 gig RAM
    Hard drive is: 60 gig with just over 4 gig free.
    NO recent changes to the OS or hardware.
    No other DVD writing software installed, but DO have IMGburn installed, but not selected to use. VSO engine is selected.

It seems as though it was working fine before the upgrade from 7.??? The last error code was: 400 DVD_Error_TrancoderError.. so What the...?

Thanx in advance..
    Attached Files

Originally posted by AGJ
    Latest release is DVDFab 8.0.7.3 if you have an updated license then update to latest release if your license expired then use ImgBurn for the burn engine. Better yet change to ImgBurn for the burn engine as the VSO burn engine is problematic
    Just an observation, Only 4Gb free space on the hard drive, would have thaught that was a bit tight if not impossible for burning the vast majority of DVD's.

Comment

Originally posted by EEDS View Post
      Just an observation, Only 4Gb free space on the hard drive, would have thaught that was a bit tight if not impossible for burning the vast majority of DVD's.
      Your correct as you need a minimum of 10Gb free hard disk space. Below is minimum system requirements for DVDFab DVD Copy

System Requirements
      ★ Windows7/Vista/XP (32-bit/64-bit)
      ★ Pentium II 500 MHz
      ★ 512 MB of RAM
      ★ 10 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
      ★ A DVD-R(W) or DVD+R(W) Drive

Comment

HI Brucester
        If I also may add unless you are using an external drive you will not be able to burn anything, as your drive is a DVD Rom drive which means that it will read a CD and DVD but, will only write "burn" a CD and not a DVD.

24x speed writing for CD-R & CD-RW disc
        8x speed reading for DVD-ROM, DVD-R and DVD-RW disc
        24x speed reading for CD-ROM disc
        Buffer underrun Prevention
        Supporting the disc-at-once, session-at -once, packet write, and track-at-once recording mode
        Horizontal and vertical mounting for most system configuration
        IDE / ATAPI interface
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

VSO problems?

Originally posted by AGJ
          Latest release is DVDFab 8.0.7.3 if you have an updated license then update to latest release if your license expired then use ImgBurn for the burn engine. Better yet change to ImgBurn for the burn engine as the VSO burn engine is problematic
          What is going on with the VSO burn engine? Is this a problem with DVDFab , and will it be fixed? And, if I have to use IMGburn, does DVDFab have a site where I can go to find out how to use this easily?? thank you for your help!

Comment

Hi Crickkette
            ImgBurn is the best burn engine on the planet and you can not bundle it with Fab because it is "FREE" , you will find instructions here along with a tutorial on setting it up with Fab
            Hope this helps
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi CBR,
              Thank you so much for the info on IMGburn. I have been having problems trying to burn my dvd's lately. Someone suggested that I use this engine instead of the VSO. I recently read where AGJ wrote, the VSO burn engine is problematic. Does that mean that it's never going to work again? I just get a little nervous using something totally different than what I've been use to using, like the VSO, compared to IMG. My burns have been failing lately, they copy ok, but writing is only 13 to 34% of DVD. It just started doing this and I'm concerned. I've been trying everything and nothing seems to be working. I even did a 'clean uninstall' of DVDFab8, and I'm hoping that maybe that might help, before I have to use IMG. I will certainly look at the site you recommended to me, and will give it a try, that is, if I can figure it out. Thank you so much and I do hope someone can fix the VSO problem, as I really like using that option alot.
              Until soon,
              Thanks,
              Crickkette

Comment

Hi Crickkette
                Once you set up ImgBurn there will not be very much difference other than what you are doing now except if burning DL disc it will prompt you for your layer break position.

Just take is slow configuring ImgBurn to work with Fab it looks harder than it is, but I know you can do it
                CBR929

Comment

VSO is not problematic for everyone but is for some DVDFab users. I switched to ImgBurn years ago and have never been happier

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I installed IMGburn and have tried repeatedly to use it with DVDFab 8, and it keeps coming up with this: Failed to set write parameters! Reason: Logical Unit Communication CRC Error (ULTRA-DMA/32)
                    What am I to do? I went back and changed the write burner to VSO, and tried to use that, once more, and now all it does is try to finalize, not copy, not burn, but in seconds after I click start, it goes straight to finalize, and the DVD is ejected.
                    I'm getting so frustrated! I don't know what to do. I'd love something to work, but it seems that VSO and IMGburn are not working for me. What am I doing wrong? I really appreciate your help with this.
                    I have versions 5,6,7,and 8 on my pc, only because every time I d/l the newer version it just keeps the others. I would love to get rid of every instance of DVDFab, and start all over. If I uninstalled 5,6,7 and 8, would I be able to re-install just 8 with my registratioin key that I first got with my initial order, or how can I do this safely?
                    I am at a loss here!
                    I'll check back later on this morning, and will see if you might have left me something. For now............I'm heading to the nest, as I'm too weary to do anything more.
                    Thanks a bunch for your help!!
                    g'nite

Comment

Yes if you remove all traces of DVDFab from computer and then just install V8 you can use the license you bought with that. You can download a new key from the members section on the DVDFab website. If you not join it yet then I suggest you do as you can get the key anytime you need it that way.

Did you set DVDFab to Recommended in common settings-Write as that is needed for ImgBurn and as well in ImgBurn burn you need to change a few settings as well. To do that open ImgBurn-Tools-Settings. Then select Build and select Page 3. Make sure to the Right you have Don't Prompt Image Details and Don't Prompt Volume Label selected if you burn Blu-ray select the Don't Prompt below those ones as well.

Click OK and then go to Discovery and set up the AWS(automatic write speed) for each Brand of blank DVD/Blu-ray you use and that is the disc with running man icon. To set that you need the blank in the DVD/Blu-ray drive before you can choose the speed to set. This is so ImgBurn will only burn at the speed you want for the blank media you use

Comment

Hi Crickkette
                        Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble
                        The only other suggestion I have after reviewing some of your posts is that you change your media.
                        Pulled from one of your other posts
                        2011-02-15 20:30:20 Info Media ID: MBI 01RG40
                        122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

I do not think that your burner likes the media that you are using.

The only media we recommend is Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim with the AZO dye on the label,see pic
                        The ones I have in the pic is the -R but the +R also have the AZO label on the package in the same spot too
                        CBR929
                        Attached Files

Comment

Still not able to tie DVDFab to Imgburn

Thank you both so much for all your help, but I still must be doing something wrong. Can you tell me if I need something called a PCouffin to burn my dvds? I don't have it anywhere on my pc.
                          I d/l imgburn, and I did the settings the way you said, and still nothing. When I first start up dvdfab, and I select a file to burn, it immediately brings up imgburn, and I apparently have done, or not done something right to tie these two programs together.
                          Wished there was a video tutorial online, but all the ones I've looked at are removed.
                          I hate to be such a pest, but I am struggling, and getting discouraged.
                          I don't know what to do next. Should I uninstall my dvdfab and re-install it? How about imgburn? I thought I did a clean uninstall of everything concerning dvdfab with the help of a tutorial in Club MyCE, called Clean uninstall of DVDFab. I followed all the instructions except for deleting the hotkeys items. I was afraid to go and carry that out. Now, I'm wondering if I needed to do that, to get a clean install again. If I send you the instructions with what I followed would that help you determine if I have all the components that I need to start burning again. (http://club.myce.com/f116/guides-cle...dvdfab-303398/)
                          I just wished I had never d/l the newer release of DVDFab, because that's when I think my problems started, then again, maybe not. I'm not too sure about anything anymore.
                          Do you think that the VSO burn engine problem will be fixed anytime soon. Also, how can I find out what version of DVDFab I 'first' received when I purchased the program a year ago March? If I could just d/l that particular version maybe that might help.
                          At any rate, thank you both for bearing with me..........I'm lost!! :-(

Comment

Most of us long time user's know about that clean uninstall guide from the other forum you mentioned. Cleaning the registry by removing dvdfab is usually a good idea and if skipped could still have problems. As for the PCouffin drive that is no longer needed for the VSO burn engine so no worries about that.

If you need to know what version you got first after purchasing then just need the date to know what the version was as it would be listed in the release notes for DVDFab. As for VSO burn engine being fixed that is hard to say as DVDFab does not make that and it as well been trouble for some DVDFab users but not all.

Comment

Step by step?

Do you think I should go back and do the clean uninstall of dvdfab totally, including the certain HKEY deletes? I don't have a free version of any registry cleaner, so could you suggest one?
                              Then do you think that you could help me set up my dvdfab again, and imgburn with a step by step tutorial so I can understand how the both of them will finally work? I fear my days of using VSO is no longer available for me, and if I have to use IMGburn, then I'd like to set it up properly, and in the order that it should be with DVDFab. If you can do this, and if I can get both programs to work together, I'd be much indebted for all your help.
                              I'll wait for your reply.
                              G'night and thanks again~~
                              Crickkette

Comment

Working...
                              X