Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disc menu not part of ISO file. What's wrong ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc menu not part of ISO file. What's wrong ?

Hi all,

I just bought DVDFAB Copy a few days ago. I want to create ISO files out of my many DVD's, but at the same time keep all the options (subtitles, audio and extras).

I have a Tvix 6600N and I want to put the ISO files onto the internal harddrive of it, allowing me to select the movie and watch it from there. BUT.. in a way so I still get the disc menu to select subtitles, audio, chapters/scenes and optional extras, as I get when I put the DVD in my DVD player.

Which of the options in DVDFAB Copy should I use (Full Disc or Clone) ?

Can I still get the options (the Disc Menu) if I select Main Movie and deselect some subtitle languages and/or Audiotracks. And if, how do I do ?

I have not changed any settings (yet) and are running DVDFAB Copy "right-out-of-the-box". Are there any settings I could benefit from changing, knowing I as a standard want all options from the DVD included in the ISO file ?

what you mean Disc menu not part of ISO file! Use Full disc and you have it or use clone mode

Comment

Originally posted by sjensen View Post
      Hi all,

I just bought DVDFAB Copy a few days ago. I want to create ISO files out of my many DVD's, but at the same time keep all the options (subtitles, audio and extras).

I have a Tvix 6600N and I want to put the ISO files onto the internal harddrive of it, allowing me to select the movie and watch it from there. BUT.. in a way so I still get the disc menu to select subtitles, audio, chapters/scenes and optional extras, as I get when I put the DVD in my DVD player.

Which of the options in DVDFAB Copy should I use (Full Disc or Clone) ?
      Full Disc will allow compression to a smaller file size, Clone makes a 1:1 copy. If the quality doesn't suffer to much you'll be able to save disc space using Full Disc. (Most old timers won't compress if the quality is below 80%) Also make sure the Tvix 6600N supports disc menus from an iso file.

Can I still get the options (the Disc Menu) if I select Main Movie and deselect some subtitle languages and/or Audiotracks. And if, how do I do ?
      No, Main Movie will not include the disc menu. If you want the disc menu but want to remove unused languages or subtitles try Customize Mode.

I have not changed any settings (yet) and are running DVDFAB Copy "right-out-of-the-box". Are there any settings I could benefit from changing, knowing I as a standard want all options from the DVD included in the ISO file ?
      Just experiment with the write size settings if the quality isn't up to snuff using Full disc mode and compressing to a dvd5. The max is 4472mb for a physical disc (something to keep in mind if you ever try to burn that iso to a disc later), not sure if there is a limitation on an iso.

Comment

Hello again,

I am sorry I was a bit too quick to post a question, instead of reading the support section first. I did search the forum and did not really find any post relating to my problem.

But it is all nicely explained under the Support, Tutorial section, and I know now which options to use. Full Disc is the one I am looking for.

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Working...
        X