dvd5 selected but dvd9 is supplied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd5 selected but dvd9 is supplied

Has anyone else seen this before. I am running version 7.0.3.0 (although I have also tried using version 8.0.6.8 with the same results) doing a dvdcopy full disc. I have selected dvd5 so it will fit on a single-sided dvd but after my write fails (immediately after it has supposedly compressed to fit within the 4.2 gb size) I looked in the temp storage directory and there was no compression done - it was over 5 gb in size. The discs that I am backing are from the Supernatural series season 5. Any ideas would be gratefully welcome.

Check your registration, if the key didn't stick or if you are running a trial and it expired, no compression is possible.

One of the versions, and I think was a 7 version, defaulted to 4900MB on the DVD-5 write size and that's too big for a single layer disk.
    Most of us set the DVD-5 size to 4472MB.
    Last edited by 90312; 03-01-2011, 04:40 AM.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for the heads up regarding the setting - I haven't seen that setting before...can you tell me where it is located? I've had version 7 working for over a year so I'm sure the key has been entered properly; and I haven't incurred this issue before - but I did need to rebuild my system and reinstall the app so maybe the setting defaulted to a higher limit.

Comment

Okay, I found the setting under dvd-bluray/write. and it was set to 4300 well within the limits. I also double-checked the expiration and my dvd-to-dvd is set to 'never expire' so that shouldn't be the issue either. Any other areas you can think of? Maybe it's peculiar to the dvd I'm trying to backup?

Comment

Hi mitch8,

Please upgrade to the latest version of DVDFab 8.0.7.3 at
          go to "Common Settings->DVD Copy", set the default output size as DVD5.
          compress again.

If you still have the same problem, please offer us your log file, save location is like:
          on Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          on Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          on XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Thanks.

Sincerely,
          --
          Sunny
          Last edited by sunny; 03-01-2011, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Hi Sunny! Thanks - I'll give it a shot later tonight. Which log file would you want? I'll delete them all first so as to give ya a clean view of just this last go-around.

Comment

Working...
            X