Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

not enough space on disc to burn - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not enough space on disc to burn - help!

I have been using dvd fab for over a year with few problems. Recently I am unable to burn the disc on image burn. Here is the message I get:
    "There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.
    Image size: 2,293,840 Sectors (4,480 MB)
    Disc size: 15,872 Sectors (31 MB)
    Would you like to continue anyway?"

I am using the same type of discs that I have always used. I am using version 8.0.7.3 I don't believe I have changed any of my settings. I have it set to DVD 5. I am not very "tech-savvy". Please help me figure out what is wrong. thanks.

Originally posted by scn808 View Post
    I have been using dvd fab for over a year with few problems. Recently I am unable to burn the disc on image burn. Here is the message I get:
    "There doesn't appear to be enough space on the disc to burn this image.
    Image size: 2,293,840 Sectors (4,480 MB)
    Disc size: 15,872 Sectors (31 MB)
    Would you like to continue anyway?"

I am using the same type of discs that I have always used. I am using version 8.0.7.3 I don't believe I have changed any of my settings. I have it set to DVD 5. I am not very "tech-savvy". Please help me figure out what is wrong. thanks.
    The red text above seem to be the problem.
    Set the image size to 4472 or less. Default is 4300.

Not sure why the disc size says 31mb.
    Are you sure the disc is empty?

Comment

Also you might want to update to V 8078.

Comment

Thank you Grunon - it was a new disc from a large stack and I just assumed it was empty - apparently it wasn't as I pulled another disc and it is now burning it with no problems. I don't feel very smart right now...
        also, thank you for the new version and for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by scn808 View Post
          Thank you Grunon - it was a new disc from a large stack and I just assumed it was empty - apparently it wasn't as I pulled another disc and it is now burning it with no problems. I don't feel very smart right now...
          also, thank you for the new version and for your help!
          Your welcome and....... .
          When using TDK disc in the past I have had the same thing happen in that simply putting in a different disc solved the problem.

If you are still burning to 4480 you are at the extreme edge of the disc and this will cause you problems sooner or later.
          There is a reason why the software has a default of 4300.

Most with thousands of burns and years of experience set the size somewhere between 4300 and 4472.

Comment

Working...
          X