Problem copying 'The Switch'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem copying 'The Switch'

I had this problem with 'Unthinkable' and now I have the very same problem with 'The Switch'. With Pathplayer enabled I only get 2 very short titles after the DVD has been scanned where one of them is the DVD intro and with Pathplayer disabled I get lots of titles approx the correct length but when I pick any of them I get a read error after a while after pressing the 'Start'-button in DVDFab to start the copy process.

This very same problem has been discussed here -> and also here ->

To me it seems there is a problem with certain titles that DVDFab so far can't handle but I hope you'll be able to track down what is actually causing this and how to address it.

I had no problems with the movies "The Switch" and "Unthinkable" so I highly doubt that it a DVDFab problem. I do know I used DVDFab 8.0.7.0 Beta for "The Switch" but not remember which version I used for "Unthinkable". So what we really need from you are the Internal log files for these movies

Comment

OK...this is what I find in the dvdfab_internal.log file

With Pathplayer enabled:

0m 00.26s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 01.38s: detected dvd
      0m 01.59s: drive Z
      0m 01.59s: dvd type 1
      0m 01.59s: volume label THE_SWITCH
      0m 01.76s: got copyright 1 fd
      0m 03.24s: got udf/iso
      0m 12.54s: got discinfo
      0m 12.54s: pathplayer enabled
      0m 15.02s: got dvdinfo
      0m 15.02s: opened dvd

With Pathplayer disabled:

0m 00.24s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
      0m 01.40s: detected dvd
      0m 01.60s: drive Z
      0m 01.60s: dvd type 1
      0m 01.60s: volume label THE_SWITCH
      0m 01.76s: got copyright 1 fd
      0m 03.26s: got udf/iso
      0m 12.58s: got discinfo
      0m 12.60s: pathplayer disabled 0
      0m 17.78s: got dvdinfo
      0m 17.78s: opened dvd

Comment

To my post above I can also add that with PP enabled the total size is reported as 19 MB and with PP disabled 45 GB...

I have also tried using the 'Full Disc' option instead of the 'Main Movie' I normally use but after pressing Start I get a read error after a couple of seconds.

Comment

Tip try using older version dvdfab

Hi,

Got the same issue you did regarding the switch.
          Maybe not a perfect fix but do you still have some older version of dvdfab available ?
          During my upgrade history I must have left an old dvdfab 7 version still in my system, version 7.0.7.0 I think it was.
          Anyway just a kind of last resort I tried to run that version instead, and worked just fine.

Comment

Thanks alot for trying to help! Unfortunately I don't have any older versions left on my computer but maybe it's possible to re-download older versions? Or even better...if whatever is causing this could be addressed in the current version since what you say indicate there isn't a problem with the DVD or the DVD player but rather something in DVDFab after all.

Comment

Link in my signature.

Comment

Thank you!

Just downloaded 7.0.7.0 and using this version of DVDFab I had no problem what so ever with The Switch.

Will from now on keep both versions installed for any future problems of same kind.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                X