Zorro, The Complete First Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGJ
    So that could be why I was able to get mine done and you having problems. Funny though that an older version works and the newest versions do not
    All threads with Disney episodical discs seems to have happen after this change.

March 15, 2011
    DVDFab 8.0.8.2 Updated!

DVD Copy:
    New: PathPlayer will be disabled automatically when it has problem with certain old discs.
    I'll see if I can find a later version and try Miss Montana with that one.

Comment

Yeah, maybe you would have had more luck if it was in 3D!!!

Originally posted by AGJ
      I wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime soon but you can expect more add ons that will cost more money.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Tried Miss Montana with the version prior to 8.0.8.2 and this version 8.0.7.3 works as it should, so it seems this update broke her.

March 15, 2011
        DVDFab 8.0.8.2 Updated!

DVD Copy:
        New: PathPlayer will be disabled automatically when it has problem with certain old discs.

Comment

How unusual !!! NOT !!!

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
          Tried Miss Montana with the version prior to 8.0.8.2 and this version 8.0.7.3 works as it should, so it seems this update broke her.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
            I wouldn't expect it to be fixed anytime soon but you can expect more add ons that will cost more money. Like I mentioned yours has different copy protection and even your Volume Label is different than mine.

So that could be why I was able to get mine done and you having problems. Funny though that an older version works and the newest versions do not
            As you, Gummigutta and I have all discovered, the newer versions of DVDFab do not correctly read some of the Disney episodic discs. In your case "Little Einsteins: Animal Expedition" was reported by DVDFab to be 14.8GB in size. Gummigutta found that DVDFab reported Hannah Montana - Vol 2:4 to be 15.347GB in size. I found that DVDFab reported the first disc in Zorro, The Complete First Season to be 38,967GB in size.

Gummigutta found that DVDFab v7506 would read the Hannah Montana disc without error. I found that DVDFab v6218 would read the Zorro disc without error. Obviously, at some point in the development of DVDFab a bug was introduced sometime after v7506 that causes the program to improperly analyze some of the Disney episodic discs. I will continue to keep v6218 on my desktop until this bug is discovered and removed from future versions. I thank all of you for sharing your experience and information about this problem. It’s been a great help to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
              Actually the problem that caused this was changing Pathplayer to decide if it should stay Enabled or to Disable for certain DVDs. Now have a new problem caused by that change. Also since Passkey uses same decryption engine as DVDFab so Passkey has same problem

Have a few more kids movies that have same problem that I will be posting about soon also but have few other things to do first
              Sounds logical to me. I just want to track down the version that first started this mess, and I found it! See below.

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
              Following your lead, I tracked down the first version that has the bug. Version 8.0.7.5 is not able to read my Zorro disk but version 8.0.7.3 is able to read the Zorro disc. Therefore, the bug was introduced in v8075.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ
                Like I said it happened when Pathplayer was changed to Disable itself for certain DVDs
                Thanks for your follow up. It seems to me that the automatic disabling of pathplayer causes more problems than it solves since it is sometimes unable to properly analyze some disks. I think it is better to leave the disabling of pathplayer up to the user or give the user a choice to use auto-disable or manual-disable.

Comment

Working...
                X