This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error=100 using DVD to DVD Split option

I've just purchased and installed v6.2.0.5 and on the Split option I cannot get past the following messages at the very beginning of the Split process:

Split process started
    Copy VTS_03_0.VOB failed
    Task_1 failed! Error=100
    Process failed!

Main Movie seems to work, but the movie I'm trying to copy is 2.5 hours long and will degrade to 64% if I go to single disk.

This is my first post - I hope I put this message in the right place...

Thanks!

Not very familiar with the split option so I may not be much help, 100 DVD_Error_OpenFile not sure but is something else possibly accessing this file? tried viewing it in a Media Player such as VLC and maybe forgot to close it?

Comment

I don't think so. The auto-play window always pops up when I put in the movie DVD, but I always close it without a selection. Also, after I get the error messages under the Split option, I can then go directly to the Main Movie option and start that process with no issues.

Comment

Actually it may be a bug http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=1150 I forgot all about it

Comment

Thanks for locating that for me. How do I find the exact status of a reported bug? Whether it's has been accepted as a bug; if a fix is being/has been written, etc.?

Comment

I'm sure Fengtao seen the post, as for the status...just hang tight for the next beta and read the change logs for the info. btw, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Same thing here!

Yesterday as well I was given the same error message. I began playing around with what chapter the split began and ended. On my first attempt I changed the split from chapter 10 to chapter 11 and received no error message. Not sure why the error message showed up or why just changing the chapter resolved it. The DVD burned fine and plays fine. The size was changed very little as well. Hope this helps.

Comment

Tests for "Error 100"

Originally posted by Wild and Blue View Post
                Actually it may be a bug http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=1150 I forgot all about it
                Hi,just for testing i tried to split "Transformers" with V 6.2.0.5 but i take "Task 1 Failed Error 100" immediately after the process started.So i went Back to V 6.1.0.2,6.1.2.0 and i had the same error again.So i came back to V 6.2.0.5 and i wrote the full disc in my H.D.Then i split the disc with V 5.2.5.0 without a problem! After that with V 6.2.0.5 again, i tried to reproduce the error "Task 1 failed Error 100" making an "iso" in "full disc" Mode but this time the process went to the end without a problem!!! So after all these tests, i think that in the lasts versions is a bug in "split" mode and Fengtao as ALWAYS will FIX that.
                Ant

Comment

New test

Originally posted by ant1rock View Post
                  Hi,just for testing i tried to split "Transformers" with V 6.2.0.5 but i take "Task 1 Failed Error 100" immediately after the process started.So i went Back to V 6.1.0.2,6.1.2.0 and i had the same error again.So i came back to V 6.2.0.5 and i wrote the full disc in my H.D.Then i split the disc with V 5.2.5.0 without a problem! After that with V 6.2.0.5 again, i tried to reproduce the error "Task 1 failed Error 100" making an "iso" in "full disc" Mode but this time the process went to the end without a problem!!! So after all these tests, i think that in the lasts versions is a bug in "split" mode and Fengtao as ALWAYS will FIX that.
                  Ant
                  From the "iso" that i made with V 6.2.0.5 i split the movie using the same version 6.2.0.5 without a problem!!!!
                  Ant

Comment

Originally posted by ant1rock View Post
                    From the "iso" that i made with V 6.2.0.5 i split the movie using the same version 6.2.0.5 without a problem!!!!
                    Ant
                    I have been getting the same error message in 6.2.1.8 when trying to split Star Trek. Thanks, I will try this tip of making an iso first and splitting that.

Comment

I have the same issues with Split Star Trek, must be a bug.
                      The version 6.2.2.0 (Beta) has the same problem.
                      The work around was by using the Full Disc function and copy the entire DVD to the hard disk then the Split works fine. It is a tedious process though.
                      Last edited by awindrider; 01-12-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I, as a rule of thumb, always use full disk to hard drive and remove all pgc's. Then I perform whatever DVDFab functions I want with that (create AVI with DVD to Mobile) then usually Main Movie or Customize to get just the movie to fit on a DVD5 with little or no compression or a custom split (this must be why I have never seen this bug).

Once I get what I need finished I delete the Full Disc Folder. This really saves a lot of wear and tear on your optical drives.

Glad you found what I concider "a very good practice" as a work around.

Comment

Working...
                        X