No announcement yet.

Reading/Writing Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope, NFI...as you had a free 30 day trial beforehand, and this is a forum populated by volunteers. Get in touch with Fab by email.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi betsy
      Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right, also your logs still say that path player is not enabled, as stated before, to do this Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab.

Make sure to close Fab and open back up to check to see if the changes stuck.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Nope, NFI...as you had a free 30 day trial beforehand, and this is a forum populated by volunteers. Get in touch with Fab by email.
        I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the tone of this, GregiBoy, but it sounds a bit condescending. "Nope???" And what does "NFI" mean??? And no, I did not have a 30-day free trial. I went right from my Free Edition that I had for over a year, directly to purchasing the DVD/Copy with the Write Data feature. And I realize that this is a volunteer forum, and wasn't asking or suggesting that any of you could arrange for my refund. I was just asking "if someone could please tell me how to recoup my money." Sorry if that was overstepping any boundaries. I will get in touch with Fab by email. Thanks for that.

Open Fab Click the Green √ top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right, also your logs still say that path player is not enabled, as stated before, to do this Open Fab Click the Green √ top right > Protection > Path Player click Always Enabled click OK restart Fab.

Make sure to close Fab and open back up to check to see if the changes stuck.
        CBR929, thanks for this suggestion, and I will try it later when I return home.

Comment

It's unfortunate that so far the problem has not been fixed. There is nothing wrong with DVDFab, you just got yourself a glitch in your system somewhere. I think you getting a refund is going to leave you with the same problem with then not having the benefits of what the paid version of DVDFab can do. To rule out DVDFab once and for all you could try a different ripper to see what the results would be. You might also try to completely un-install DVDFab, reboot and re-install it again (or just the free version again) to see if the problem goes away.
          Last edited by Mike89; 03-19-2011, 03:49 PM.
          I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Thanks, Mike, I was thinking along those lines too. I did in fact last night uninstall then reinstall DVD Fab Copy, but I didn't reboot the system in between, perhaps that's why it didn't work. I'll try that one more time and also what CBR929 suggested, then I just might uninstall 'Copy' and install the Free HD Dycrypter and just stick with my CyberLink for burning. I'm having other computer issues right now too so maybe there's even a virus or worm or something playing havoc. The computer is still under warranty so perhaps it may even come down to sending it back. I'm not jumping ahead that far just yet, but it's a possibility it seems. Perhaps this problem with DVDCopy is all just coincidental to another graver issue going on unrelated.

Thanks again and I very much appreciate the patience and understanding shown. I've learned a lot during this process and "get" the level of frustration with me some of you have expressed. Again, that was not my intention.

I will post the end results when determined.

Comment

Originally posted by betsy View Post
              I'm having other computer issues right now too so maybe there's even a virus or worm or something playing havoc.

Thanks again and I very much appreciate the patience and understanding shown. I've learned a lot during this process and "get" the level of frustration with me some of you have expressed. Again, that was not my intention.
              Hi betsy
              If you think you might have a virus try and run a scan of your computer.
              I am never frustrated but willing to help where I can.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Just an unrelated note. If you end up getting a new system, go with Windows 7 if you have the option rather than continue with junk Vista.
                I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
                  Just an unrelated note. If you end up getting a new system, go with Windows 7 if you have the option rather than continue with junk Vista.
                  I happen to like "JUNK" Vista and have had no problems with it at all
                  Windows 7 in my opinion is going to replace XP in 3 years, just my 2-cents.
                  CBR929

Comment

CBR929 & Mike . . . I use Malwarebytes, but the full scan didn't detect anything. Before now I haven't been dismayed about Vista, but I've heard many recommend 7. And yes, if it's anything like XP, which I loved, I'm sure 7 will take over in popularity. Thanks again for the support.

Comment

From my experience, there are more problems that appear here on the forum from "Home" versions of Windoze than Vista per se.

As far as I am concerned, all "Home" versions of Windo$e are brain dead !!!
                      Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      I happen to like "JUNK" Vista and have had no problems with it at all
                      Windows 7 in my opinion is going to replace XP in 3 years, just my 2-cents.
                      CBR929
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Before now I haven't been dismayed about Vista, but I've heard many recommend 7. And yes, if it's anything like XP, which I loved, I'm sure 7 will take over in popularity.
                        Yeah, I love XP too (still have my old XP Pro build running smoothly) and you won't go wrong with Win 7,
                        but stick with Pro or Ultimate as advised by GregiBoy.

My last build (Oct '09) is running Win 7 Pro, 64-bit and I couldn't be happier with it.
                        It's what Vista '"should" have been.
                        Sorry CBR929...no offense and glad it's working for you

Comment

Betsy,

This was not condescending in any way nor meant to be....

When you downloaded and started using your "Free Edition" as you term it, a 30 day trial commenced then of ALL Fab modules at the time, so you had this opportunity over a year ago. Fab has had this business model back as far as I can remember to Version 2.

You DID have a thirty day trial...

When you use a forum, you will have to get used to the short acronyms that are used similar to text messages. These are used to save time in answering large numbers of questions and also to avoid publishing of profanity. Quite a lot of users answer many posts during the day and do not have time to answer every post with a 2 page epistle.

To give you some idea, these are a few that are utilised..

IIRC = If I remember correctly
                          IMHO = In my humble opinion
                          ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
                          RTFM = Read the ....... Manual
                          NFI = No ....... Idea
                          POS = Piece Of Sh...

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding the tone of this, GregiBoy, but it sounds a bit condescending. "Nope???" And what does "NFI" mean??? And no, I did not have a 30-day free trial. I went right from my Free Edition that I had for over a year, directly to purchasing the DVD/Copy with the Write Data feature.

Comment

This was not condescending in any way nor meant to be....
                            OK, good. Sometimes things get lost in translation when you only have words to work with.

When you downloaded and started using your "Free Edition" as you term it, a 30 day trial commenced then of ALL Fab modules at the time, so you had this opportunity over a year ago. Fab has had this business model back as far as I can remember to Version 2.

You DID have a thirty day trial...
                            I'm a bit confused about this. When I downloaded over a year ago, I recall a 14-day trial which eventually ended. I was then only on the HD Decrypter and using my CyberLink for burning. At some point, and I honestly don't recall when but it was some time ago, I was given an update to "Copy," but I never received anything about a 30-day trial. When you say "I had this opportunity over a year ago," what do you mean? The only reason I made this recent purchase was because I was told I could not "Write Data" with the current version. Yikes, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse.
                            To give you some idea, these are a few that are utilised..

IIRC = If I remember correctly
                            IMHO = In my humble opinion
                            ROTFL = Rolling on the floor laughing
                            RTFM = Read the ....... Manual
                            NFI = No ....... Idea
                            POS = Piece Of Sh...
                            I knew all of them accept NFI . . . and to show where my head is at, POS is still "Point of Sale" for me. :-)

Comment

I mean that when you originally installed over a year ago, you would have had a 30 day trial of all modules, including "Write Data".

(It has always been 30 days, never 14)

Once that is over, you do not get another chance, that's it, no matter how many new versions you install.

Comment

Hi betsy:
                                After reading all the posts here, a thought came to my mind, if I remember correctly those versions you are using 8.0.8.2. and 8.0.8.3 had a bug on them, someone reported that dvdfab was not copying all the vobs and was having problems to burn because of the missing vob, my sugestion is do not use those versions anymore and download the newest version 8.0.8.5 who address this problem or try to download prior version to 8.0.8.2 and give it a shot as you normaly do your movies. Hope this solve your problem, good luck.
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X