Will not open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will not open

Installed the new version 8.0.8.2 and it will not open Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 IE9 Final

Running Microsoft security essentials

Comment

Went back to version 8.0.7.3 and it is working fine

Comment

I can't get 8082 to open either, I contacted support and the email I received said to do a clean unistall of dvdfab. After doing that I tried to redownload 8082 and it still won't open. And thanks to the uninstall I no longer have the old versions ( that still worked until the uninstall ) which means I no longer have dvdfab software that works on my computer. What do I do next?

Comment

Comment

Pick a older version from the link I just posted

Comment

Originally posted by Uncledave View Post
              I can't get 8082 to open either, I contacted support and the email I received said to do a clean unistall of dvdfab. After doing that I tried to redownload 8082 and it still won't open. And thanks to the uninstall I no longer have the old versions ( that still worked until the uninstall ) which means I no longer have dvdfab software that works on my computer. What do I do next?

I downloaded the new version of dvdfab and it's still not working. I'm using Norton Internet security. It states Windows has to close.

Comment

Looks like we are beta testers

Comment

Originally posted by shoe View Post
                  Looks like we are beta testers
                  No, you are not beta testers, you are only a few among the thousands that own Fab if it were Fab this forum would be flooded with members wondering why they can not download the newest versions
                  I am running Vista SP2 with Avast and I have no problems we just need to find the problem that is causing this issue for you members having problems.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Very True

Comment

I have the exact same issue. I am a CCIE and MCSE. I support systems for a living.

8.0.7.3 and below works fine. 8.0.7.8 (beta) and above simply will not open on this machine, as well as, a high-end sand box I built (which has XP Pro on it) which I installed DVDFAB on just to see if if was limited to my Dell.

I have a Dell Optiplex with Windows 7 Pro as my DVDFAB box. I was using AVG 2011 Pro, uninstalled that, and am now using MSE thinking that may be the issue. It was not. Uninstalled DVDFAB, CCLeaned it, and reinstalled... nada.

While DVDFAB has historically been a rock-solid product to date, there seems to be a palpable issue at hand, and the posts for this problem are growing.

If anyone from Fengtao would weigh in on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi all,

Our QA team and techs are checking the series problems about beta version/8082version upgrading and installing problems, more detailed responses on this problem would be very appreciated. Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely,
                        --
                        Sunny
                        Last edited by sunny; 03-17-2011, 06:05 AM.

Comment

No problems here 8.0.8.2,,, Running W7 Pro 64bit, SP1, IE 9 RTM, MSE. Tried with DVD & Bd to the analyse phase completion..

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
                            Hi all,

Our QA team and techs are checking the series problems about beta version/8082version upgrading and installing problems, more detailed responses on this problem would be very appreciated. Thanks for all your help.

Sincerely,
                            --
                            Sunny
                            Hi Sunny

I am a Mod at the other DVDFab forum.

There are other users/members at the other forum having the same issue, according to them the issue started in v8079 beta and they have not been able to get v8080 beta or v8082 to work or open so they are stuck using v8076 beta which still works them.

Comment

I have two desktops running the identical versions of windows 7 sp1. I had no problem installing and running the new update on one of the computers. But the other computer after installing the version will not open and run. Puzzling but will do more investigating.
                              If I find a solution will post it.

Comment

Working...
                              X