can't launch Customize Split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can't launch Customize Split

Hi all, I have DVDFab 8.0.8.2, registered (DVD Gold) version. Using DVD Copy. When I click on the menu item for Customize Split I get a pop-up window saying "The Customize Split feature is available in DVD Copy, and then refers to the DVDFab website. Can't launch the Customize Split. Same issue if I try Customize or Clone. What am I missing? Thanks.

My guess is it's the registration key you're missing. Click the question mark at the top and then about. I think you'll find it expired. Double click your key and try again.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, but thought of that before posting. Registration is OK, DVD Copy is enabled and doesn't expire until July. Registration key is in the field. The problem still exists...

Comment

Uninstall, scrub the registry with CCleaner and reinstall.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi JRinGeorgia,

Originally posted by JRinGeorgia View Post
          Hi all, I have DVDFab 8.0.8.2, registered (DVD Gold) version. Using DVD Copy. When I click on the menu item for Customize Split I get a pop-up window saying "The Customize Split feature is available in DVD Copy, and then refers to the DVDFab website. Can't launch the Customize Split. Same issue if I try Customize or Clone. What am I missing? Thanks.
          DVDFab Gold only contains four modes of DVDFab DVD Copy, which are "Full Disc", "Main Movie", "Split" and "Write Data".

So, if what you ordered is DVDFab Gold, you will not be able to use "Customize", "Customize Split", "Clone" and "Merge" modes.

You can login DVDFab user center at to check your order info; if you have trouble doing that, please contact mona@dvdfab.com , and provide us your registered email address or order number, then we can help you login the user center and check your order info.

Regards,
          mona

Comment

I definitely have DVD Copy Gold.

Didn't I used to have Customize and Customize Split as available options with Gold before? I thought I did.

The specific reason for all this: I am trying to make a back-up of the first Harry Potter movie. Main Movie to a DVD5 compresses too much, something like 60% quality. I tried Split but it won't read the disc (tries for like 30 minutes, never gets past the first kilobyte, then crashes DVDFab). I think what may be giving it trouble is that the disc has a .exe file on it that I believe runs the menu and some interactive games and such. My original hope was to use Customize Split to copy only the Main Movie to 2 discs and skip that .exe file altogether.

Given that goal, any other suggestions? I only need to back up the main movie, so I was hoping to try to bypass the read issue by copying just the movie to 2 discs for 100% quality. Could I try to copy Main Movie to my hard drive as a DVD9, then read that off the hard drive as a "disc" into DVDFab to copy again as a Split? If so, would I copy to DVD9 on the first pass as a .iso, or how best to do that?

90312, thanks for your suggestions. Looks like a scrub and re-install won't address my issue.

Comment

Hi JRinGeorgia,

Originally posted by JRinGeorgia View Post
              Given that goal, any other suggestions? I only need to back up the main movie, so I was hoping to try to bypass the read issue by copying just the movie to 2 discs for 100% quality. Could I try to copy Main Movie to my hard drive as a DVD9, then read that off the hard drive as a "disc" into DVDFab to copy again as a Split? If so, would I copy to DVD9 on the first pass as a .iso, or how best to do that?
              Please use Main Movie mode and select the DVD-9 as writable media size to copy the main movie to your hard drive first, you can choose folder or iso as output type, it is up to you. Then use Main Movie mode to load the output file as source, click on "Title Start/End Settings" (if there are 21 charpters in the main title for example), you can choose from 1 to 11 then choose 12 - 21 to copy to two separate folders, so you don't need to compress them.

Regards,
              mona
              Last edited by Mona; 03-18-2011, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mona, that is essentially what my non-techie mind was thinking could be possible. I'll try that then post back here to let everyone know how it went...

Comment

That does seem to have worked, thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                  X