Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble after installing Adobe CS5 Master Collection

I have been running DVDFab for years with no issues. Love this program
    A short while back I installed Adobe CS5 master collection on my machine and DVDFab has not worked since.

I can still convert files already on my machine, but it will not read DVD discs.
    Other programs work fine with the DVD Drive, so i'm fairly certain it's not my drive. I have uninstalled CS5 and uninstalled DVDFab and run CCleaner several times. Reinstalled DVDFab (as administrator) and still doesn't work.

When i insert a disk it never opens. just sits saying "scanning media please wait". if i browse for the drive and choose it, nothing happens until i change to the video converter and back to dvd copy. Then it opens the Region selection screen for that disc and when i click ok it analyzes for about 2 seconds and closes the window. Movie never loads.

If i close dvd fab it is still running in the windows processes and i cannot end the process. once i close dvdfab, it will not open again and just opens another instance of dvdfab.exe in windows process. Once it is stuck like this i cannot use the drive with any program and my machine will not even shutdown. I have to physically turn off the power to be able to restart.

What on earth can i do to fix this? it's hard for me to believe CS5 could cause this much problem. PLEASE HELP!!!
    I have scoured the forum and google for an answer and have found none.
    I've even tried different versions of DVDFab to no avail.

running Vista Ultimate sp1 32 bit
    DVD Drive is External LG model GSA-E10N
    not sure what other info you need...

Uninstall your burner in device manager.
    Reboot and windoz will reinstall the burner and assign appropriate drivers.

Did you also run CCleaner's registry scan and fix?
    if not, please do so

If still no go, run the registry patch (cdgone) found in this post:

It's ok for Vista...

Comment

uninstalled the dvd drive and let windows reinstall - no trouble there

ran ccleaner again for good measure - cleaner and registry (i always do both of these anyway)

tried the cdgone suggestion even though my machine is not having any trouble seeing my drive. didn't seem to do anything.

still having the same trouble with dvdfab. doesn't automatically recognize the disc when inserted. if i swich to video converter and back to dvd copy, it gives me the region dialogue screen, but says the name of the disk is DVD_VOLUME (no matter what movie i put in). Explorer shows the correct name of the disc so not sure where it's going wrong.

what else can i try???? desperate here.
      i don't really want to system restore my machine, but i'm almost at that point.

Comment

Fixed!!!

just in case anyone comes across this in the future and needs help.
        I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION!!! you have no idea how happy this makes me

I uninstalled dvdfab and ran ccleaner, then uninstalled all my cd and dvd drives. Rebooted and let windows reinstall all the drives automatically.
        Reinstalled DVDFab as administrator and we are back in business.

Seems installing CS5 somehow messed up my DVD drives and it was making dvdfab not work.
        All is well with the world again

Comment

Working...
        X