Incorectly sees Single layer as Double layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorectly sees Single layer as Double layer

I just replaced my BlueRay drive with a new LG BH10LS30 drive. Now every time I go to burn a disk the software reports the disk is double Layer eventhough it isn't. Because all my sizes fit on a single layer it alows me to continue with the burn but I always get the message that I have inserted a double layer disk. It happens on both VSO and IngBurn.

Originally posted by radius1 View Post
    I just replaced my BlueRay drive with a new LG BH10LS30 drive. Now every time I go to burn a disk the software reports the disk is double Layer eventhough it isn't. Because all my sizes fit on a single layer it alows me to continue with the burn but I always get the message that I have inserted a double layer disk. It happens on both VSO and IngBurn.

If the disks all burn and play-back OK, I'd just treat this as a simple 'cosmetic' goof (don't know if it's the drives firmware or VSO's or Imgburn's slip-up), but as this model is now a discontinued model as far as LG is concerned, don't look for a software fix in either VSO or Imgburn, either.

With a little self-training, you'll soon just ignore that notification, and if you ever use D/L disks, you'll be well aware of it when you start.

DC

Comment

Working...
    X