dual layer disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dual layer disks

I have a question. When I make a back up of a dvd that is a dual layer disk, DVD-9, and I use a dual layer blank, why does the program, v.8.0.8.2, and previous versions, want me to use a single layer disk when the original is, say 7885mb.
    Do I have to change a setting somewhere that will allow me to burn the disk without the message... or is the default a DVD-5 disk that I can change per backup.
    Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by Beard99 View Post
    I have a question. When I make a back up of a dvd that is a dual layer disk, DVD-9, and I use a dual layer blank, why does the program, v.8.0.8.2, and previous versions, want me to use a single layer disk when the original is, say 7885mb.
    Do I have to change a setting somewhere that will allow me to burn the disk without the message... or is the default a DVD-5 disk that I can change per backup.
    Thank you for your time.
    What is your quality setting in the lower left corner of the screen? DVD5 or DVD9

What is your setting in general setting for default size? DVD5 or DVD9?

When using a double layer disc the setting should be DVD9.

Comment

Yes, change the default in the settings or you can change it at the pulldown at the bottom of the pane for one off jobs.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thank you all. I will try the pull down on the main page and see if that will work. I had a feeling that was the answer, but wanted to confirm it.

Comment

Working...
        X