Dvd copied but dont play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvd copied but dont play

I have the newest copy of dvd fab..... I used clone to copy the DVD and imgburn to burn to DVD =r dl.

It plays on my pc, and dot play on Toshiba d=rw2sc..

Funny thing is some work some work some don't.

Any ideas
    Last edited by Data636; 03-25-2011, 01:23 AM.

Hi Data636,

Please post your logs for analyzing, the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Thanks.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Don't have them. I had to redo my pc because windows had problems.

I just noticed the dvd I copied would not play on the dvd player. But played on the pc. I dont recall any errors when burning the dvd or it would have been tossed.

Comment

Hi Data636
        As Mona stated we need your logs to see what may have went wrong.
        It is all guess work with out them.
        If you have any more burns that do this, do as asked of you and post your logs the default location is:
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi Data636,

Originally posted by Data636 View Post
          I just noticed the dvd I copied would not play on the dvd player. But played on the pc. I dont recall any errors when burning the dvd or it would have been tossed.
          Please also check if your DVD player can or not support the format of playback (PAL, NTSC or SECAM), since DVDFab doesn't touch the conversion between them.

Regards,
          mona

Comment

I have the newest copy of dvd fab..... I used clone to copy the DVD and imgburn to burn to DVD =r dl.

It plays on my pc, and dot play on Toshiba d=rw2sc..

Funny thing is some work some work some don't.

Any ideas

Due to the lack of LOGs, as you have indicated because of the re-format you had to do because of the Windows problems, we'll have to keep this somewhat of a guessing game...

I see two possible areas of concern here, and need clarification from you on a couple of points...

1.) What media were you using? (in terms of DVD-R DL or DVD+R DL)

2.) What media were you using? (in terms of what Brand name)

Please advise.

DC

Last edited by DarthCopier; 03-25-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

dvd being used...

There Memorex +r dl

As I as now going through all the DVDs I had backed up I have the problem with several dvd's.

They play on the pc... but but the dvd player.

all have the same media ..

And I have no logs.. Now I back up the dvd and burn it AND check the copy is the dvd player right away.. Then I will have the logs if it don't work.

Is there a way for dvdfab (newest version) to tell me if the dvd is finalized??

Comment

There Memorex +r dl

As I as now going through all the DVDs I had backed up I have the problem with several dvd's.

They play on the pc... but but the dvd player.

all have the same media ..

And I have no logs.. Now I back up the dvd and burn it AND check the copy is the dvd player right away.. Then I will have the logs if it don't work.

Is there a way for dvdfab (newest version) to tell me if the dvd is finalized??

The problem here is your media. Memorex are usually made by CMC Magnetics, and are one of the crappiest brands out there, especially with regards to DL discs.

Strongly recommend you switch to Verbatim +DL (the Made In Singapore ones with the AZO label) discs for all your hard copies, and you'll avoid all these problems.

DC

Comment

Hi Data636
                  Along with the excellent advice given by DC you may also want to make sure that you are burning at 1/2 the rated speed of your disc.

Also please Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > DVD/Blu-Ray > Write > make sure to have a check in the box that says Set BookType to DVD-ROM, restart Fab and try again.

Logs would be nice to see.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi Data636
                    You may also have better results with ImgBurn, it is "free" and you will find it here along with a tutorial on setting it up with Fab, if using ImgBurn do not forget to set up the AWS in ImgBurn.
                    CBR929

Comment

As my friend DC suggested, media....media...media!!!
                      Verbatim DL +R (MIS...made in Singapore) is the best stuff available and the only DL media we recommend.

The DL +R verbs made in India (MII) aren't a bad second choice though, depending on your locale and choices.
                      If you're in the U.S., there are several reputable online retailers as well as the usual brick & mortar retailers.

Always solid advice from another pal of mine, CBR929.
                      Definitely bitset the +R media.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                        Hi Data636
                        You may also have better results with ImgBurn, it is "free" and you will find it here along with a tutorial on setting it up with Fab, if using ImgBurn do not forget to set up the AWS in ImgBurn.
                        CBR929
                        Hey CB,
                        The OP's already using Img...
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                          Hey CB,
                          The OP's already using Img...
                          Thanks for correcting me, must be having a senior moment at "46" LOL
                          As 3 of us have all stated "Post Logs"
                          CBR929

Comment

Working...
                          X