This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video & Sound dont match

I have found that several movies the sound does not match the video, I have now discovered with the Help from Western Digital "MediaInfo" I have attached the File for your assistance in diagnosing the problem.
    Attached Files
    Daniel Martin @
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Vista Home Basic
    Computer: Toshiba Satellite L305
    Processor: Intel Dual CPU T3400 @2.16Hz
    Memory: 2.00 GB
    System Type: 32-Bit Operating SYstem

System info:
    Vista
    Latest Version of DVDFAB
    1 TB WG Hdd
    Daniel Martin @
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Vista Home Basic

Comment

We need some more details here.

From what you have posted it appears that you are ripping to a hard disk folder first. Make sure you are using the latest release 6.0.2.5 as others and I have done this title to folders and using DVD to Mobile with absolutely no problems.

Are you playing it from your Hard Disk folder? If so, try using VLC player (free download). If you are using something like a WDTV, try it with VLC from the folder and then from the device and compare results.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

More Info

(sorry first time poster)

I burn to a WD 1T Hdd. then use WDTV to watch movies, this movie I also copied for my Iphone. I will google for the software you mentioned, I do not normally watch movies on the Laptop.
        Daniel Martin @
        SYSTEM INFO:
        Vista Home Basic

Comment

What you need to do with the PC sofware is to see whether the problem is with the file or the WDTV. By playing it on your PC, this will identify where the problem is.

Play it from a local hard disk as USB drive can have a slow transfer rate which also causes sync problems.

Also, it would help by identifying what DVD to Mobile profile you are using for the WDTV.

I would start with the generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profile with a resolution of 720 x XXX (PAL) or 704 x XXX (NTSC) and a video bitrate of 1100.

My good friend Wild & Blue has a WDTV whereas I have a variety of other players and he may be able to assist with fine tuning for the WDTV.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Not much I can add, I think GregiBoy hit on everything that should give a successful back up. Just to explain my method:
            1. Rip Main Moive only selecting the audio track of your choice.
            2. Test the ripped file with VLC as suggested to comfirm everything is as it should be (correct audio track, A/V sync is correct and forced subtitles ect) more on subtitles later if you need assistance.
            3. Select a profile for conversion, GregiBoys suggestion is GREAT for the WDTV. Also the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy profile is really good and actually has a faster conversion speed. I would also suggest the 2-pass for better quality.

I have converted that movie "Transformers" for the WDTV and have no sync problems. If you need more info just let us know and if I think of anything else I'll post here in this thread.

Comment

Well thought of something else, make sure your WDTV has the current firmware update WDTV Product Update and here is where you can d/l Pre-release updates but install those at your own risk. Instructions on how is on either page. If you have Any other questions about the WDTV you may pm me and I'll do my best to help or point you in the right direction but I wouldn't suggest posting questions about the WDTV specifically in the forum unless it involves DVDFab's DVD to Mobile option.

Comment

WD Follow up

Western Digital sent me this Follow up info regarding using the WDTV.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your reply.

I truly apologize for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. Unfortunately the AC-3 audio codec is not supported by the WD TV, you must convert your file into a supported format. Please see below the supported format by the WDTV.

Answer Title: List of compatible media file types for all WD TV models
                Answer Link: http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc....p?p_faqid=2698
                Daniel Martin @
                SYSTEM INFO:
                Vista Home Basic

Comment

This sounds like absolute B/S to me as the AC-3 codec is one of the most common around. All your DVD's are generally encoded using it. That said !!!!

Having a look at the file specs, I would then try using the generic.avi.xvid.mp3 profile with an 1100 video bitrate and 128 audio bitrate.

You may also want to adjust the volume settings to your own personal preference.

Do a trial on a couple of chapters of a movie for a start so that you don't have to wait hours to test.

Please read my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link is in my signature below.

Perhaps my good friend and colleague, Wild and Blue would like to comment as I know that he is playing with his WDTV on a daily basis.

BTW: I have encoded "Transformers 2" with both the generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy and generic.avi.h264.audiocopy profiles and it plays in perfect sync on all my players (currently 6 different models) and my Samsung TV which has biult inn media player software to play from a USB disk.
                  Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-17-2009, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    This sounds like absolute B/S to me as the AC-3 codec is one of the most common around. All your DVD's are generally encoded using it. That said !!!!
                    I agree and sadly Western Digital does not have a very good support system. One thing I have noticed is most a/v sync issues come from a defective original disc. example I have a DVD title "The Terminator", Fab reads it and rips it just fine but during the playback of the original about half way through there is the smallest glitch in the playback and after the conversion, during playback of the avi file the a/v sync is way off. Can't say thats your problem but might be something to look into.

Comment

I would suggest that most (NOT ALL) A/V sync issues are caused by:-

1. Defective disk
                      2. Attempting to go direct from disk to DVD to Mobile. Problems occur here especially with laptop drives that can overheat during the long process.
                      3. When going direct from disk to DVD to Mobile in normal drives that do not overheat when the layer break occurs.
                      4. Choosing too high a bitrate for the target device.

Comment

Working...
                      X