DVD copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD copy

I have tried copying a DVD and it worked once successfully. I tried to do a second copy of the same DVD and it failed with Task_2 failed! Error=116. It failed near the end of writing, about 98% complete. So I started over completely, exiting the copy program and re-reading from the original. I again got the same error, this time it failed earlier, at 68%.

This does not happen on all discs - I have copied many others successfully. And, as I mentioned, I actually copied this exact disk successfully the first time.

I am using windows 7 pro. 4 GB memory. I have no external drives or optical drives. I have made no recent changes to OS or hardware, no other recently added (since DVDFab copy) software.

I am attaching all logs you requested and a jpg of the screen.
    Attached Files

Hi suzannlarsen
    Your drive is in PIO mode, Open Fab Click the Green top right > General > make sure Check for DMA Automatically is Checked and also Click the Reset DMA to the right click OK and restart Fab.
    You may also get better results using ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find it here along with a tutorial on setting it up with Fab http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=562 remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and you should be all set.
    Also consider using quality media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim with the AZO dye on the package.

116 HWS_WRITINGFAILED 16 // Writing failed (write error or process aborted)
    Also slow your burn speed to 4x.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 03-25-2011, 06:24 PM. Reason: text
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

15:40:01: Analyzing of DVD started
      15:40:01: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
      15:40:01: Copy process started
      16:11:13: Copy process completed successfully
      16:14:00: Burn folder (C:\Users\Suzann\Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\FARAWAY_SO_CLOSE\) started
      16:31:09: Task_2 failed! Error=116

The backslash is an illegal character and is not allowed in file/folder names. Probably is the source of the error.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

It worked

Thank you CBR929 for your detailed instructions. I tried them and it worked -- my DVD copied successfully. Many thanks.

To 90312: I am on a PC so backslash is a perfectly legal and required way to separate folder levels. Besides, that is not something I enter into DVDcopy anyway... DVDcopy software figures out the appropriate path string to the folder where it places it's log and temp work files, not me.

Comment

Try making a backslash part of a file or folder name and see what happens, I'm just sayin'

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by suzannlarsen View Post
            Thank you CBR929 for your detailed instructions. I tried them and it worked -- my DVD copied successfully. Many thanks.

To 90312: I am on a PC so backslash is a perfectly legal and required way to separate folder levels. Besides, that is not something I enter into DVDcopy anyway... DVDcopy software figures out the appropriate path string to the folder where it places it's log and temp work files, not me.
            Hi suzannlarsen
            I am glad it is working for you now.
            As far as 90312 comment about the "Back Slash", he is correct, it is considered an "Illegal Character" and why it was allowed is beyond me.
            Again glad it's working
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Hi suzannlarsen
              I am glad it is working for you now.
              As far as 90312 comment about the "Back Slash", he is correct, it is considered an "Illegal Character" and why it was allowed is beyond me.
              Again glad it's working
              CBR929
              Yeah I'm glad it's now going. From the cut and paste it sure looks like part of the file name to me.

Good call CBR929!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                Yeah I'm glad it's now going. From the cut and paste it sure looks like part of the file name to me.

Good call CBR929!
                Thanks, this was an easy one.
                CBR929

Comment

Working...
                X