X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Source: drive is not recognized

I have dvd drives E: Source and F: Target dvdfab does't recognized drive E:

It stop doing it. Was working fine no problem. I tried system restore, no luck. I uninstaled and reinstalled, no luck.

Try uninstalling the drivers for the DVD Drive under Windoze and then do a reboot and they should reinstall automatically.

Let us know what happens.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I will try that. Let you know thanks.

Comment

I did that no good. When I click drop down window in target drive shows E: and F: but, when I click drop down window source drive E: is blank ?

Comment

Originally posted by Timone441 View Post
          I did that no good. When I click drop down window in target drive shows E: and F: but, when I click drop down window source drive E: is blank ?
          Uninstalling and reinstalling the drive should have worked. Windows will recognize the drive on reboot, install it and assign the appropriate drivers.

Have you installed/uninstalled anything in the interim?...particularly any burning software?

What OS are you using?

You can try this registry patch, cdgone.
          (zipped file...attachment below).

It was created prior to the release of Vista, so it is supposedly for XP only, but I know users who have used it successfully with Vista.

If you'd like more info here's a site:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by maineman; 11-14-2009, 03:58 AM.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I am using Win 7 64 bit. The drive is working it is only when I try to use dvdfab 6 version 6.2.0.5 It has been working since 10/25/2009 when I installed Win 7 no problems since today. I used it today 3 times then I tried to recopy UP and other dvd's thats when I couldn't get E: drive as source I can change drive in Target to E: and when I try to use F: as target it won't let me either. I have uninstalled Fab 6 then reinstalled it still the same ?
            Last edited by Timone441; 11-14-2009, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X