Remote backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote backup

I have the latest 8085 installed. I have a 2TB HD (My Book) where I store my backups. My Book is hooked up to WDTV Live which is connected to my home network. I watch movies through WDTV Live. Everytime I tried to backup directly onto My Book, the writing part always fail. Is it possible to write the backup onto a remote drive?

Originally posted by Yippy_Kiyey View Post
    Is it possible to write the backup onto a remote drive?
    I have 5 external hard drives and rip my movies to them without any problems.

None of mine are the My Book that you are using tho.
    Do you have any other external that you could test with to see if the My Book is the problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but is your HD attached to your computer? My "My Book" is not directly attach to my computer, it is attached to WDTV Live on the network.

Comment

I have 3 NAS boxes attached to my network and I can use all of them as a target for any Fab output.

I also have a Kaiboer Media Player with internal drive which also acts a NAS and again no problems.

I will point out though, except for testing, I NEVER usually use them as a target for Fab output because the write process is too slow and slows down whatever procedure I am carrying out.

I always use a local drive as the output and copy the results to the NAS's later although I have this local drive shared and it is accesible by any of the attached media players if I wish to check something straight away.

One thing that I will say though, ALL NAS's have mapped drives and I do not attempt to use UNC paths eg \\NAS1\Video is mapped as Drive V: as I have had problems in the past with other software, etc when I did not.

Thanks for the reply, but is your HD attached to your computer? My "My Book" is not directly attach to my computer, it is attached to WDTV Live on the network.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy,

Actually I do the same thing all time, I use the local drive for ouput and later copy it to the NAS. This is my preferred method and will stick to it. I am just doing a test and now I am curious why Iam having this problem. It won't hurt to have this option working as well.

I am not very technical and I have no clue why FAB or my computer won't allow me to rip directly onto the NAS?

My question is just based on, if I can copy/paste from local to NAS and vice versa then I should be able to rip directly onto the NAS. Right? What should I tweak?

Thank you again

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy,

Actually I do the same thing all time, I use the local drive for ouput and later copy it to the NAS. This is my preferred method and will stick to it. I am just doing a test and now I am curious why Iam having this problem. It won't hurt to have this option working as well.

I am not very technical and I have no clue why FAB or my computer won't allow me to rip directly onto the NAS?

My question is just based on, if I can copy/paste from local to NAS and vice versa then I should be able to rip directly onto the NAS. Right? What should I tweak?

Thank you again
            Hi Yippy_Kiyey

I am not sure if this will help but.
            Do you have a drive letter assigned to your NAS as GregiBoy stated? e.g. Drive D, E, F,
            CBR929
            Last edited by CBR929; 03-30-2011, 02:12 PM.
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks CBR, you nailed it. It used to be mapped to Z drive before, but it got unmapped, can't explain why. I didn't notice until you mentioned it. I think I know how to map it.

Thanks,

Comment

Glad to help
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                X