Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDs won't open in DVDFab

Hi there,

Since this morning, DVDs won't open in DVDFab. When one is inserted in the drive, Passkey detects it and runs fine, but when I run DVDFab, I get the region selection window, with the correct identification of the DVD, the main window in the "source" section says "please wait, the media is being scanned" (maybe not the exact wording, but I'm not running the English version). Then when I click on "ok" in the region selection window, the loading bar in the next pop-up window stops almost at once and I get in the source section "Please insert a DVD or select dvd directory or image file". If I click in the source menu, I don't have any option, the alternative is just blank. So, basically, no DVD is detected by DVDFab...

I tried with several DVDs, with the same result. Still, DVDs can be played with no problem, either with Windows media player, VLC, etc.

My OS is Win7 64 bits Pro, my BD-drive is a Plextor BD-R PX-LB950SA 1.02 and the Cyberlink BD suite that came with it is installed.
    The info for my drive in DVDFab looks loke this:
    Info for drive [G:\] (DVDFab 8.0.8.5)
    Vendor: PLEXTOR
    Product: BD-R PX-LB950SA
    Revision: 1.02
    Vendor specific: 2010/09/29 21:07
    Drive region control: RPC II
    Drive region: 2
    User changes left: 4
    Vendor resets left: 4
    AACS version: 1
    Number of concurrent AGIDs: 2
    Supports bus encryption: NO
    Supports binding nonce generation: NO

Disc media: DVD
    Disc type: DVD-Video
    Disc is not opened.

I'm still puzzled for it all worked fine a few days ago. Did the massive Windows update I got this morning alter anything it should have left untouched?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

And if you don't use Passkey and using Fab only with removing protection?
    You also may try 8.0.8.7 Qt Beta.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
      And if you don't use Passkey and using Fab only with removing protection?
      You also may try 8.0.8.7 Qt Beta.
      Wow, well done!

I didn't think of it, but I disabled Passkey and now DVDFab works!

Thanks a lot, Blazkowicz!

Well, this might be an improvement for the next versions of DVDFab and Passkey, then: make them coexist peacefully for some users... Even though I can live with activating Passkey for my foreign discs and shutting it off when using DVDFab.

Comment

This is the same thing happening with my DVDFab. My have been working fine a long time, but yesterday it stopped. I try to load any DVD or even Folders that is correct named and with the correct folders, nothing will load. Even the same DVDs that I opened for burning with DVDFab yesterday morning are gone. I am now running 8.0.8.5 on a Windows Vista SP2 with no Passkey or anything specific. It just stopped working.

What to try now?

Comment

Working...
        X