Missing subtitle when ripping main movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing subtitle when ripping main movie

I noticed something strange recently and it happens on different DVDs. I was watching a movie which had subtitles in English. When I ripped the whole DVD into an ISO I still had the subtitle as normal. When I ripped the main movie only the subtitle window was empty so I was not able to chose the English subtitle and the resulting ripped main title was missing the subtitle as well.

How is it possible? How can I get these "hidden" subtitles when ripping only the main movie?

It turns out that the missing subtitles are actually the Closed Captions (or "Line 21").
    Is there any plan for DVDFab to support "Line 21" captions? This is a major issue for the hearing impaired which rely on the Closed Captions.

Comment

Hi le_avion,

If you want to get this "Line 21" caption, try to check all the subpicutre streams from the Subpicture box to copy, then find if you are able to turn on closed captions on your standalone player or TV as playing this backup disc.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sunny; 04-26-2011, 07:40 AM.

Comment

The problem is that the Close Captioning (Line 21) does not appear in the subpicture list, unlike regular subtitles, so it cannot be selected. When I ripped into MKV the CC was missing and VLC subtitle list was empty. When played from the movie from the full ISO VLC was showing it as available.

Comment

Hi le_avion,

When I ripped the whole DVD into an ISO I still had the subtitle as normal.
          When played from the movie from the full ISO VLC was showing it as available.
          That's because you got all the subtitles copied (including the cc stream) as creating iso file using DVD Copy-Full Disc.

Please go to DVD Copy->Main Movie, preview main movie in the left lower preview window, check CC stream applied to which language stream, english/spanish/french or the others? Or you can not find Close Captioning from every language stream at all?
          Since we haven't tried this kind of DVD which includes CC stream. Thanks for your kindly help.

Comment

Working...
          X