Strange audio glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange audio glitch

On some of my DVD ISO main movie backups, there are parts where the audio silences for a second then comes back a second later. Not all my dvds have this problem. But it would be nice to know what it is since its been a problem for quite a while now.

Originally posted by JaxXx View Post
    On some of my DVD ISO main movie backups, there are parts where the audio silences for a second then comes back a second later. Not all my dvds have this problem. But it would be nice to know what it is since its been a problem for quite a while now.

You haven't told us what you're using for playback, but if it's your computer, I'd have to say either your player or codec packs are out of date, or, if it's a stand-alone player, we'll need to see the log files to see what audio it is you're trying to play.

Can you help us help you?

DC

Comment

Sorry, i'm kinda new at this.

I'm using an Asus O!Play Air to play my DVD ISO's. But I dont think its the Asus. I'm also saving them directly to and play them on a usb 2tb drive.
      Only a few movies have this issue. My guess would be imgburn when creating the ISO...

Hope thats enough info.

Comment

Hope thats enough info.
        Still need to see your logs.

Comment

Ok here's my log
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok here's my log

Thanks... couple of small problems here...

The internal log you sent tells us basically that Fab successfully opened the DVD, which we kinda guessed, as you were able to burn the resulting file.

The VSO burn log you sent wasn't the burn log. It was what I call a log-header... this info gets written every time you start Fab from your desktop icon... the actual burn log for T.L.K. will be somewhat longer and more detailed than what you sent.

The version of Imgburn used is an out-of-date version... while not critical, may influence the resultant ISO.

I don't know if you have any settings on the playback device you can tweak to improve audio, but the VSO burn log would help, as it'll show us what settings you used to rip the file in the first place.

Please scroll through the VSO burn log file and see if you can locate this specific burn info.

DC

Comment

I only play them directly from the ISO file. That was all that was in the logs folder. The out-dated Imgburn was my biggest surprise so I'll go update it now. Sorry if I wasted your time.

Comment

I only play them directly from the ISO file. That was all that was in the logs folder. The out-dated Imgburn was my biggest surprise so I'll go update it now. Sorry if I wasted your time.

You haven't wasted our time... yet...

The Imgburn update may not fix your audio problem. This is why we were hoping to see a VSO log, as it'll give us enough info to know where to look for your problem.

When you start a rip for the ISO, can you tell us which audio you select for the rip? (specifically, one of the problem files)

DC

Comment

Working...
                X